I need a big strong man to work on my "appliance"

Lots of them have a place on the bottom were you can insert a handle that came with it or you can buy at hardware stores so you can manually turn it to grind up anything stuck that the motor can't handle. It's usually best to remove the itwm rather than risk bending blades.

I use to think that when you became a dad that all of the sudden you wake up morning and knew how to fix everything in your house like Bob villa. I now know that you actually learn to fix everything becuase you can't afford to replace stuff after you have kids.

b_sinning said:
I use to think that when you became a dad that all of the sudden you wake up morning and knew how to fix everything in your house like Bob villa. I now know that you actually learn to fix everything becuase you can't afford to replace stuff after you have kids.

i wish y'all had that waking-up ability thing!! and you're right about the fixing thing...but isn't it really rewarding to successfully fix something for really cheap that otherwise would've been expensive for someone else to fix? it turns on the wives, too...big ol' manly man....grrrrrrrrrr...

I have a suggestion, don't laugh, I'm serious. Take a wooden spoon, stick it in the disposal (not with it on odviously) and force the thing inside to turn. Something is stuck in there. The borax that I am familiar with is in a powder form, and is somewhat rocky; maybe it never dissapated? Try running some very hot water in there? If it is humming, the motor is not burned out; at least I don' think so.

Good Luck!

Candy said:
I have a suggestion, don't laugh, I'm serious. Take a wooden spoon, stick it in the disposal (not with it on odviously) and force the thing inside to turn. Something is stuck in there. The borax that I am familiar with is in a powder form, and is somewhat rocky; maybe it never dissapated? Try running some very hot water in there? If it is humming, the motor is not burned out; at least I don' think so.

Good Luck!

Candy's a clean freak and her man's not handy (he thinks he's a girl) so her suggestions usually work. :fly:

PS: are you going to come do my dishes tonight??

Bubbles said:
Candy's a clean freak and her man's not handy (he thinks he's a girl) so her suggestions usually work. :fly:

PS: are you going to come do my dishes tonight??

:shifty: As long as you stay out of my way, and do as I say and no one will get hurt.

BTW: Gotta give props where they are due... he is finishing the tile work in our bathroom! :heart:

Thorn, you scare me sometimes. You really need to learn where the basics of your house are. My dad is an electician and very handy around the house, I've been working with him since I was 10 and learned tons (in some cases, I know how to fix stuff better than Knyte :fly:). I would suggest you pick up a basic household maintenance book of some sort to have on reference so when little things break (I'm not suggesting you try to fix a plumbing problem) you can learn how to fix it. Than you won't be so dependant on Spange, what if he's gone for a few days when something breaks? You know I :heart: you and just want whats best for you.

kiwi said:
Thorn, you scare me sometimes. You really need to learn where the basics of your house are. My dad is an electician and very handy around the house, I've been working with him since I was 10 and learned tons (in some cases, I know how to fix stuff better than Knyte :fly:). I would suggest you pick up a basic household maintenance book of some sort to have on reference so when little things break (I'm not suggesting you try to fix a plumbing problem) you can learn how to fix it. Than you won't be so dependant on Spange, what if he's gone for a few days when something breaks? You know I :heart: you and just want whats best for you.

meh...i don't want to know EVERYTHING. my dad fixed everything too, and honestly, i'm spoiled by that. he never hired anyone to do anything, and everything was always just right...but i never watched him. learning "boy" stuff doesn't interest me AT ALL...and i don't want to be the only one in this house that's useful. :fly:

Thorn Bird said:
meh...i don't want to know EVERYTHING. my dad fixed everything too, and honestly, i'm spoiled by that. he never hired anyone to do anything, and everything was always just right...but i never watched him. learning "boy" stuff doesn't interest me AT ALL...and i don't want to be the only one in this house that's useful. :fly:

You are funny. You are telling me that you don't feel any sense of power from using a power tool? I need to get some wood and next time I'm at my parents, build Haylee a toy box. It's actually kinda fun.

kiwi said:
You are funny. You are telling me that you don't feel any sense of power from using a power tool? I need to get some wood and next time I'm at my parents, build Haylee a toy box. It's actually kinda fun.

well, make one for spangelet, too...i'll just watch and get turned on. :fly:

it's just that i don't want to be supergirl!!