Ontopic I"m Out Too. C yas.

No. A sandwich composed of corned beef, russian dressing, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut between two slices of grilled or toasted rye bread is a Reuben. A sandwich composed of something other than corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut between two slices of grilled or toasted rye bread is something that is not a Reuben.

Several variants exist.

Variants of what?

The reuben. Thus, being the root pronoun which explains and justifies its variant status (in other words, the word variant means nothing if one is unable to recognize the parent sandwich), one can be excused from saying "corned beef reuben".

I don't even know what's being discussed anymore.

Anyway, I went with the corned beef.

Reuben.

Sauerkraut is fucking delicious. Everyone please disregard Drool's intoxicated ramblings.

Now this I agree with.

I will now give you my grandmother's recipe for polish saurekraut

1-2 lbs of cubed pork shoulder
1 kielbasa
1-2 lbs russet potatos, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1 bag of sauerkraut
1 white or yellow onion, diced
1 bay leaf
1-2 oz dried mushrooms-- ideally stilepilze, but any will do

In a large pot brown the pork shoulder in some oil.
Add the onion when the pork has browned and cook till tender.
Add the bag of sauerkraut and stir. There should be enough fluid to just cover the sauerkraut. Add some water if there is not enough fluid.
Add the bay leaf and dried mushrooms.
Cover the pot and simmer that fucker for a good couple of hours.
Add the potatoes.
Cook for another hour.
Cut the kielbasa into bite sized bits. I like to brown it up some in a pan, but this is optional. Add the cut up kielbasa.
Simmer covered for another 15 minutes or so.

The kraut can now be served, but it will be much better if you let it cool on the stove and then refrigerate it overnight.