ATT103639.jpg

ATT103640.jpg

ATT103641.jpg

ATT103642.jpg

ATT103643.jpg

ATT103644.jpg

ATT103645.jpg

lol.

I'm glad I drive a diesel. Diesel is almost 10% cheaper than gasoline today :)

crazymike said:
lol.

I'm glad I drive a diesel. Diesel is almost 10% cheaper than gasoline today :)
In Sav gas is about $2.06 for regular unleaded. Diesel is $2.19 This make me glad that I don't have a Diesel.

JJ Lady said:
In Sav gas is about $2.06 for regular unleaded. Diesel is $2.19 This make me glad that I don't have a Diesel.
Diesels have better fuel efficiency.

JJ Lady said:
How much better?
10-15%, but only if they're run at slower speeds.

There are tradeoffs with diesels.
If bio-diesel ever picks up, fuel for diesels is going to be dirt cheap.

JJ Lady said:
How much better?

The same truck as mine in a gas gets 15mpg. I can get 20 and my engine is hardly broken in.

Diesel should be cheaper. DIesel is a waste oil product. When the refinerys can't refine the gas anymore, they are left with diesel. But, they still rape you on the price.

wr3kt said:

But driving slow...I have a problem with that...although my last speeding ticket shoudl fix that. Although the $900 one I got before that didn't...Maybe I should get a diesel :eek:

wr3kt said:

I've been making my own biodiesel and my grampa whome is an engineer is helping me design a fully automated processor to process 50+ gallons of diesel every 48 hours from waste oil.

crazymike said:
Diesel should be cheaper. DIesel is a waste oil product. When the refinerys can't refine the gas anymore, they are left with diesel. But, they still rape you on the price.

Its because they can. Truckers can strike all they want (which really sucks for the transportation industry btw) But they need it for their industry so they are stuck.

FlamingGlory said:
It's not that expensive or I just drive a small car. :o

Yea, but currently...per barrel prices are around 55-60.
They're expected to peak around 100 this summer.

wr3kt said:
Yea, but currently...per barrel prices are around 55-60.
They're expected to peak around 100 this summer.

Let's buy a load of gas now and store it in a swimming pool for the summer.

crazymike said:
I've been making my own biodiesel and my grampa whome is an engineer is helping me design a fully automated processor to process 50+ gallons of diesel every 48 hours from waste oil.
wtf

Did you install some sort of converter or does it just work? Pics of setup?

April23 said:
Let's buy a load of gas now and store it in a swimming pool for the summer.

You can buy gas for several sents under pump price if you have a storage tank ($400). But it evens out because you have them come and fill it for you when gas is cheap.

We do this at the farm. We have gas, diesel and red dye diesel tanks.

fly said:
wtf

Did you install some sort of converter or does it just work? Pics of setup?

Biodiesel runs in lou of regular diesel.

Biodiesel is the same thing but more corrosive and burns much, much cleaner.

You can run Diesel engines on two types of bio fuels. WVO (waste vegetable oil) and Biodiesel.

WVO is running your car off filtered waste or pure vegetable oil. It requires slight modifications to the vehicle including a fuel tank filter, etc... This is the least efficient and most risky form of running it.

Biodiesel is just processed vegetable oil which works just as diesel in a stock engine. (older vehicles will need upgrade fuel lines so they don't rot). You can make this from filtered waste oil, or you can use pure fresh oil.

To make the biodiesel you need 4 ingredients. Methonal, Lye and suplheric acid.

The process basically removes all the glycerine from the oil. To do this you make methoxide (from the methonal and lye) and mix it togehter with the oil. There is a series of steps, mixing, settling, etc... which must be done.

Once finished you will have glycerine on the bottom, biodiesel on top. You can then drain this off and wash it. (you basicaly mix it with the water and then let the water settle to the bottom and drain off. You are left with pure biodiesel which will run in any diesel engine.

So far I've only made small batches in pop bottles. But I'm going to be making a large automated processor.