I Love the Way Gas Smells...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Depends, the '93-'99 7.3 litre turbo powerstrokes are pretty damn reliable with great mileage

I personally don't much care for the new 6.0litre engine

The Cummins of course, are far superior in terms of power potential :drool: and equally reliable

The problem is, buying used - it's hard to find a Cummins cuz people either keep them forever or the rest of the truck disintegrates long before the engine goes :fly:

which is why I purchased mine new and will be paying for it for the next 50 years.

i'm getting a hybrid. its time to transition. opec sucks it.

fly said:
According to Consumer Reports math, hybrids still aren't cost effective.
They're not really

Even with my old commute (35,000+ miles/year) I still didn't drive enough to make up the difference between a Civic hybrid and a regular civic with the mileage

What I did like about the hybrid civic, was how quiet it was and that you couldn't stall it :fly: the engine would restart shifting from neutral to first automatically, pretty cool in bumper to bumper traffic. Plus turning off while stopped was pretty nice. The seats still sucked though...

You couldn't pay me to drive a Prius

The Accord seems to make sense, because it offers a performance AND mileage benefit over the regular V6 accord it seems, but I haven't researched it in-depth because it came out too late and wasn't offered with a manual

ChikkenNoodul said:
They're not really

Even with my old commute (35,000+ miles/year) I still didn't drive enough to make up the difference between a Civic hybrid and a regular civic with the mileage

What I did like about the hybrid civic, was how quiet it was and that you couldn't stall it :fly: the engine would restart shifting from neutral to first automatically, pretty cool in bumper to bumper traffic. Plus turning off while stopped was pretty nice. The seats still sucked though...

You couldn't pay me to drive a Prius

The Accord seems to make sense, because it offers a performance AND mileage benefit over the regular V6 accord it seems, but I haven't researched it in-depth because it came out too late and wasn't offered with a manual

I'm confused. The hybrid should get as good or better mileage then a non hybrid vehicle all the time.

I was driving my parents prius the other day and thought I stalled the damn thing in the drive thru. The engine had just shutoff though...:fly:

BigNev said:
I'm confused. The hybrid should get as good or better mileage then a non hybrid vehicle all the time.

I was driving my parents prius the other day and thought I stalled the damn thing in the drive thru. The engine had just shutoff though...:fly:
A civic hybird can get almost 50mpg, a regular civic will get almost 40mpg

The hybrid civic is significantly more expensive than a regular civic and is not heavily discounted due to the demand, so it would take many years to recoup the initial overhead you pay for the hybrid technology

Even still, I came || this close to buying one for commuting cuz I thought it'd be fun :fly:

The Prius costs an arm and a leg and looks gayer than Richard Simmons wearing a pink tutu driving a purple ford ranger

ChikkenNoodul said:

The hybrid civic is significantly more expensive than a regular civic and is not heavily discounted due to the demand, so it would take many years to recoup the initial overhead you pay for the hybrid technology

Even still, I came || this close to buying one for commuting cuz I thought it'd be fun :fly:

The Prius costs an arm and a leg and looks gayer than Richard Simmons wearing a pink tutu driving a purple ford ranger
Uncle Sam gives you like $3k to buy one, but I recall CR saying it wasn't enough to offset the price.

fly said:
Uncle Sam gives you like $3k to buy one, but I recall CR saying it wasn't enough to offset the price.
It's less than that now I think, the tax-rebate is getting smaller each year

Maybe it's still $2500

I think with the amount of miles I was driving I was almost going to even out, the hybrid also has 10,000 mile oil changes and no service scheduled for 100,000 miles or something like that, but I wasn't going to save any money

Then we bought a place in the middle of nowhere and the little civic wouldnt've done us much good in the mud :p

ChikkenNoodul said:

chicks dig the prius. Atleast dirt eating hippie chicks do.