I love Texas

Nothing wrong with saying "shoot you dead". You can definitely shoot to wound only. Shooting to kill is different.

Nothing wrong with saying "shoot you dead". You can definitely shoot to wound only. Shooting to kill is different.

I dont really think it's a matter of shooting to wound. It's more that people dont simply keel over dead when you shoot them. Sure it's a traumatic injury but thinking that it is anything like a computer game or in the movies is kinda stupid. When you shoot someone they are more likely to scream and gurgle, maybe moan, they could literally take HOURS to die.

I dont really think it's a matter of shooting to wound. It's more that people dont simply keel over dead when you shoot them. Sure it's a traumatic injury but thinking that it is anything like a computer game or in the movies is kinda stupid. When you shoot someone they are more likely to scream and gurgle, maybe moan, they could literally take HOURS to die.

Isn't that the idea? Make them wallow in their pain?

yes, but i think saying "shoot you dead" vs just "shoot you" indicates your intent to cause that person to die, not just hurt them. reminds me of "hanged by the neck until dead"

yes, but i think saying "shoot you dead" vs just "shoot you" indicates your intent to cause that person to die, not just hurt them. reminds me of "hanged by the neck until dead"
So it's a statement of intent and agency. The agency being that you dont die just because you're shot and intent to kill.

"Shoot to stop" looks better in court in any case.