i love my job...

Drool-Boy said:
Ya spange come to tampa
hayguyz2.gif

only if your promise to wrestle me. ;)

If hydro lived closer to savannah I could try to hook him up with a job. We will have an opening at the beginning of the year. Need Novell, Linux, OS X, Windows Server experienece. Plus other crap. Actually if the person fits personality wise then we would be willing to overlook some experience and just train them.

b_sinning said:
If hydro lived closer to savannah I could try to hook him up with a job. We will have an opening at the beginning of the year. Need Novell, Linux, OS X, Windows Server experienece. Plus other crap. Actually if the person fits personality wise then we would be willing to overlook some experience and just train them.

Exactly how much experience are you willing to overlook? :fly:

fly said:
Don't you live like next door to your in-laws? That's reason enough to move to a new city.

not just my in-laws. its her entire family... and strangely enough, my family moved into the 'Radius-of-Holiday-Horrors'. Within a 1 mile radius lives these different households; Her mom, grandma, aunt, cousin, cousin, my mom, my sister. Convenient, yes... but everyone is up in each others shit all the time. I would like to move, but its handy having someone close by to watch the baby when need be.

b_sinning said:

tempting.

Southern cooking. :drool:

the company would have to worry about my retirement package, my arteries will be clogged solid by the time im 50. gravy :drool:

HydroSqueegee said:
let me start off by saying i do tech work as a contractor on the local AFB. Started on the phone, then tradition desktop tech, then was promoted to senior tech late October.

Mid december i'll no longer be a Sr. Desktop Tech. I'll be a regular ol PC Tech. They reorganized our contract, got rid of 1.5 million dollers of funding and cut 15 people (including all the call takers).
I get to go back to the phone for a month while the other techs get up to snuff taking calls. After that, we will rotate the phone duties.
I am now primary for PDA support, Secondary for Blackberry support (i loathe them both) and Primary for Tablet PC crap (not so bad). I still will also be doing desktop support work.
But get this... PC support has been limited to break/fix. No trouble shooting of error codes and software issues. :wtf:

i'll go in from 7-4 getting paid the same for performing level 1, 2 and 3 support. instead of just 2 and 3. :(

anyone hireing? i know this job wont be here next november when the contract is up for renewal.

www.techteam.com
My company.
I'd ask for the ford project.
unless you want something local which depending on where you live could be with the military still.

I need vacation, a long one, I'm tired of all the bullshit at work right now.