i love my job...

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
let me start off by saying i do tech work as a contractor on the local AFB. Started on the phone, then tradition desktop tech, then was promoted to senior tech late October.

Mid december i'll no longer be a Sr. Desktop Tech. I'll be a regular ol PC Tech. They reorganized our contract, got rid of 1.5 million dollers of funding and cut 15 people (including all the call takers).
I get to go back to the phone for a month while the other techs get up to snuff taking calls. After that, we will rotate the phone duties.
I am now primary for PDA support, Secondary for Blackberry support (i loathe them both) and Primary for Tablet PC crap (not so bad). I still will also be doing desktop support work.
But get this... PC support has been limited to break/fix. No trouble shooting of error codes and software issues. :wtf:

i'll go in from 7-4 getting paid the same for performing level 1, 2 and 3 support. instead of just 2 and 3. :(

anyone hireing? i know this job wont be here next november when the contract is up for renewal.

What level? And, I suppose just as importantly, what exactly do you mean by Desktop tech work?

taeric said:
What level? And, I suppose just as importantly, what exactly do you mean by Desktop tech work?

level 2 work. going to customer sites, setting up PC's, troubleshooting software and hardware, just general tech work

F33nX said:
what are your qualifications? are you strictly like IT or do you have an engineering/compsci degree?

just a 2 year degree in IT. got the basic A+ MCP crap also so i could even be considered for hireing. I would like to move into a network role working with servers and admining, but i have no work experience.

HydroSqueegee said:
just a 2 year degree in IT. got the basic A+ MCP crap also so i could even be considered for hireing. I would like to move into a network role working with servers and admining, but i have no work experience.
i don't quite remember where you live, but Harris has offices in Cinci and Cleveland. www.harris.com

F33nX said:
i don't quite remember where you live, but Harris has offices in Cinci and Cleveland. www.harris.com

i live in a suburb of Dayton. I would like to move closer to either cinci or columbus since all the jobs seem to be there, but its hard to move away from the family when you have a wife and kid.

KNYTE said:
Perhaps I'll wait til tomorrow to post my "I love my new tech job" thread. Sorry Hydro :(

its ok. i just applyed for a couple positions in my area. doubt i'll hear anything though.

KNYTE said:
GO TO TAMPA YOU GIMP!

and bring the astroglide

Ya spange come to tampa
hayguyz2.gif

HydroSqueegee said:
i live in a suburb of Dayton. I would like to move closer to either cinci or columbus since all the jobs seem to be there, but its hard to move away from the family when you have a wife and kid.
Don't you live like next door to your in-laws? That's reason enough to move to a new city.