I love Leadtek (gamer/hardware thread)

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Some may remember that my GPU (nVidia 6800GT) died on me last week and much to my delight and surprise the manufacturer (Leadtek) came through and helped me out.

I sent them my card last Friday and received a brand-new-in-box replacement yesterday afternoon. Not only was the card new, but they also sent me two new games in the packaging (Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory = Gud, Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within = Ok/meh) which are in their current bundles. Much love toLeadtek for taking care of me, I would definitely buy their products again and (obviously) recommend them.

/praise

they've always done well by me in terms of quality...have had 3 geforce cards from them and 0 problems

why_ask_why said:
they've always done well by me in terms of quality...have had 3 geforce cards from them and 0 problems

I think the problem with my card had a lot to do with the irresponibly high levels of overclocking. Lesson learned I guess. :tard: = me

KNYTE said:
I think the problem with my card had a lot to do with the irresponibly high levels of overclocking. Lesson learned I guess. :tard: = me

you had it jacked up that high that it was an issue but had no tearing or artifacts?? :eek:

why_ask_why said:
you had it jacked up that high that it was an issue but had no tearing or artifacts?? :eek:

Not that I noticed. It would occasionally lock and come back up, then one day it didn't.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, when it occasionally locks you need to reel it back a bit.

Well I know that now. :rolleyes:

edit: I did roll it back to factory several weeks before the crash, but it was apparently too late.