i know you guys don't care

Anime is gay, obnoxious, and weird, and aside from organized religion is the root of all evil in the world. Like Knyte, I am not kidding.

the classics aren't :eek:
stuff now days for the most part has been corrupted by the evil forces of 'moe' and lolicon. the majority that comes out is trash made to please the people who jerk off to little figures of their favorite characters.

I'm wanting to check out an ep of battle of the planets now but I fear I'll find it horribly stupid and shatter my fond childhood memories of it...I probably haven't seen it since I was 8 or 10

I'm wanting to check out an ep of battle of the planets now but I fear I'll find it horribly stupid and shatter my fond childhood memories of it...I probably haven't seen it since I was 8 or 10

Oh yeah, I loved battle of the planets way back in the day. That, Robotech, Mazinger G, Voltron, The Mighty Orbots, Spiral Zone, Wheeled Warriors, and Star Blazers (I still have the original movie, in Japanese, on VHS) were like mandatory watching every day back then. I couldn't get enough. Fuck He-Man. He sucked. Thunder Cats was okay, but seriously, every episode was the fucking same. Liono loses power, Mumra takes it, Snarf fucks something up, and then everything gets fixed in the end. Tired.

But, yes, they don't age well. Robotech especially appears very dated, but only because of the dialogue. A little rewrite/revamp and it would be an awesome release today, and still do well. Need to remove a lot of the chauvenism.

I would fear that Battle of the Planets probably wouldn't age well either. It's a 70's era cartoon, and the world was just a way different place back then.

Ultraman, Ultraman, here he comes from the skyyyy
Ultraman, Ultraman, watch our hero flyyyy
Here he comes from a million miles away
From a distant planet laaaaand,
He's our herooo, Ultramaaaan

how I can remem this I don't know. I don't even know what the heck else this thread is about. but Ultraman sounded relevant.

how I can remem this I don't know. I don't even know what the heck else this thread is about. but Ultraman sounded relevant.

and you call us dorks

The scary part. I remember this too. Stupid jingle was too damn catchy.