I just want to know how it works

Ruth served in the Israeli military like all of their citizens do. I actually think countries that make everyone serve may be on to something. It may instill in people a sense of honor and respect that may not getting because they spend those years partying and had slack parents growing up.

Ruth served in the Israeli military like all of their citizens do. I actually think countries that make everyone serve may be on to something. It may instill in people a sense of honor and respect that may not getting because they spend those years partying and had slack parents growing up.

I think the main beneficial features of national service (not necessarily military but some form of national service) is that you're mor proud of your country and feel more inclined to take your citizenship seriously. There's an argument as to why should people over 18 get healthcare, welfare etc. when they've never put into the system? National service means people have to EARN their right to be a citizen in a free society.Makes sense.

I think the main beneficial features of national service (not necessarily military but some form of national service) is that you're mor proud of your country and feel more inclined to take your citizenship seriously. There's an argument as to why should people over 18 get healthcare, welfare etc. when they've never put into the system? National service means people have to EARN their right to be a citizen in a free society.Makes sense.

i pay my taxes - i have a right to take them back

also anyone who claims the DOLE has their National Insurance Contributions increased silently when they finally do get a job - not many people know that.

i pay my taxes - i have a right to take them back

also anyone who claims the DOLE has their National Insurance Contributions increased silently when they finally do get a job - not many people know that.

For real? I never knew that. What's the figures on how much higher the NI is? That's pretty interesting. And I've always paid my taxes. But maybe kids who don't get jobs or do anything should have to either work and pay tax or go into the army and stfu.

But can you tell me how letters would go from the Isle of Wight to London?

i don't know - the royal mail will probably play football with it in paddington then report it to their suprevisor who will report it to their supervisor who will report it to their supervisor ad infinitum.

For real? I never knew that. What's the figures on how much higher the NI is? That's pretty interesting. And I've always paid my taxes. But maybe kids who don't get jobs or do anything should have to either work and pay tax or go into the army and stfu.

when I served in the OTC I was all for rehabing ASBO hounds through the Army.

The more you think about it, they're useless in life - they'll be useless in the Armed Forces. I'm not standing infront of some acned, baseball capped prokaryote with a firearm. Even if it is the SA80, but generally they only fail when you're shooting at terry taliban.

I also don't know how much the increase is by - but it's not nominal. It's a way to recoup the cost of giving someone benefit.

They can't really do it through tax if someones not working - but NIC is paid by everyone. Easy.

when I served in the OTC I was all for rehabing ASBO hounds through the Army.

The more you think about it, they're useless in life - they'll be useless in the Armed Forces. I'm not standing infront of some acned, baseball capped prokaryote with a firearm. Even if it is the SA80, but generally they only fail when you're shooting at terry taliban.

True but I'm sure if you bark at them enough they'll learn to point and shoot appropriately.

i don't know - the royal mail will probably play football with it in paddington then report it to their suprevisor who will report it to their supervisor who will report it to their supervisor ad infinitum.

I always want to know where thesse postcards disappear to for about 100 years, is it behind machinery, in the lining of a post bag? What? It can't possibly be going from post office to post office since WW2.

Hey DJB seeing as you're ITT you might find this amusing:

Currently laughing at an American poster (liverpool fan on another forum - sad that he knows so little really) about the fact he thinks we'll finish top 6 if not top 4 this season with Hodgson our manager the whole time. :lol:

my peripheral awareness of football is still knowledgewise > any 'football' loving american, running around campus being alt wearing a real madrid top.

my peripheral awareness of football is still knowledgewise > any 'football' loving american, running around campus being alt wearing a real madrid top.

He was informing me that bad results are players faults not managers (although he calls managers coaches) because he plays 7 a side indoor football and when have I ever played football so much that I know how much a manager matters?

I dunno, maybe the 8 hours a day for 10 years I played plus multiple trips to anfield, plus talking to die hard liverpool fans every day about the sport and the team.

What do I know though.