I just got my flu shot..

Lynnakitty said:
Yea.. that'd be the challenge. She likes to make fun of me for being "wimpy." She's all "it's all in your mind you fucking wimp"

I felt like rubbing my purple lump in her face and saying "This in my mind, bitch?"
But I didn't :p
In a more serious reply than before, your symptom are not the result of the actual vaccine nor a "wimpy" immune system. You likely just have an over-reactive immune response to mild antigen stimulation. Kinda the opposite of wimpy.

The fever and malaise are just your immune system letting you know it's working on getting rid of this infection (well, what it thinks is an infection). However, it's not getting the signal as fast as other's immune systems to shut down and relax. Therefore, you've got lots of pro-inflammatory products floating around in your blood, driving your temp up and causing you to feel like shit.

Had this been the actual virus, you'd likely be feeling worse and feeling that way for a lot longer.

Viremia said:
In a more serious reply than before, your symptom are not the result of the actual vaccine nor a "wimpy" immune system. You likely just have an over-reactive immune response to mild antigen stimulation. Kinda the opposite of wimpy.

The fever and malaise are just your immune system letting you know it's working on getting rid of this infection (well, what it thinks is an infection). However, it's not getting the signal as fast as other's immune systems to shut down and relax. Therefore, you've got lots of pro-inflammatory products floating around in your blood, driving your temp up and causing you to feel like shit.

Had this been the actual virus, you'd likely be feeling worse and feeling that way for a lot longer.
Well isn't that lovely :lol:
My immune system's working for once.