I just got my flu shot..

dreamwalker said:
Are you feeling better otherwise though?
Fuck no. I feel like I'm going to pass out from fatigue and the on-again off-again feverness.
:(

Lynnakitty said:
Fuck no. I feel like I'm going to pass out from fatigue and the on-again off-again feverness.
:(

Sounds like in your case the flu vaccine isn't worth it. You really should make sure the doctor knows about this so they won't try to talk you into having the shot in the future.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Arm? No, the bottle isn't that heavy.

My arms are still bruised from my IV's the other day though :p
I never bruise from IV's. It goes a bit yellowy, but it doesnt' go as purple as the shit on my arm now :(

dreamwalker said:
Sounds like in your case the flu vaccine isn't worth it. You really should make sure the doctor knows about this so they won't try to talk you into having the shot in the future.
The dr's don't talk me into it, my mother demands I take it because my dad is older (a senior) and we're supposed to get it because we live with him or something.

Vaccines are kinda scary
When I was in the military, I got a typhoid vaccine because I was being shipped out of country.
And of course, with the vaccine you get a mild case of the illness, so let me tell ya, if what I had was mild typhoid is something you do NOT want to fuck with:p
I was sick for about 12 hours and prayed for death every minute of it.

Lynnakitty said:
The dr's don't talk me into it, my mother demands I take it because my dad is older (a senior) and we're supposed to get it because we live with him or something.

Does he get the flu vaccine himself? Seems like that should be sufficient. AFAIK around here only people with health problems are getting it. Not even all senior citizens are getting the shot, only those with chronic medical conditions.

Drool-Boy said:
Vaccines are kinda scary
When I was in the military, I got a typhoid vaccine because I was being shipped out of country.
And of course, with the vaccine you get a mild case of the illness, so let me tell ya, if what I had was mild typhoid is something you do NOT want to fuck with:p
Haha I'd have died. My body is such a wimp.

dreamwalker said:
Does he get the flu vaccine himself? Seems like that should be sufficient. AFAIK around here only people with health problems are getting it. Not even all senior citizens are getting the shot, only those with chronic medical conditions.
He has it.. my mom has it.
and he has heart conditions

Drool-Boy said:
Vaccines are kinda scary
Is it anything like malaria? Friend of mine was in the Peace Corps and got it over in Africa, she was sick for months in some middle of nowhere village relying on their medicine man.

*shudder*

Remind me never to join the military.

Lynnakitty said:
He has it.. my mom has it.
and he has heart conditions

Hmmm. As long as he gets the vaccine it really shouldn't make much difference whether you get it or not. Convincing your mom of that is another matter entirely, unfortunately.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Is it anything like malaria? Friend of mine was in the Peace Corps and got it over in Africa, she was sick for months in some middle of nowhere village relying on their medicine man.

*shudder*

Remind me never to join the military.

I had the cold sweats and was shivering even tho I was wrapped in a wool blanket and was standing in front of the heater vent. Plus every muscle ached almost to the point of tears.
Ya it kinda sucked:p

dreamwalker said:
Hmmm. As long as he gets the vaccine it really shouldn't make much difference whether you get it or not. Convincing your mom of that is another matter entirely, unfortunately.
Yea.. that'd be the challenge. She likes to make fun of me for being "wimpy." She's all "it's all in your mind you fucking wimp"

I felt like rubbing my purple lump in her face and saying "This in my mind, bitch?"
But I didn't :p

Lynnakitty said:
Yea.. that'd be the challenge. She likes to make fun of me for being "wimpy." She's all "it's all in your mind you fucking wimp"

I felt like rubbing my purple lump in her face and saying "This in my mind, bitch?"
But I didn't :p

I can't imagine saying something like that to one of my kids, some people :mad: If a kid actually is being a wimp there are better ways to tell them so.

Maybe asking her if the lump is "all in your mind" would be a good idea. At least that part is objective evidence, not subjective report.

dreamwalker said:
I can't imagine saying something like that to one of my kids, some people :mad: If a kid actually is being a wimp there are better ways to tell them so.

Maybe asking her if the lump is "all in your mind" would be a good idea. At least that part is objective evidence, not subjective report.
She thinks my fever (which i just measured at 101 F) is fake as well. She stood over me to make sure I didn't put the thermometre on a lamp or something :cran: