I just got my flu shot..

L

Lynnakitty

... and I didn't pass out this year! Woohoo!
I had to get one because my father qualifies as a senior... no passing out, but FUCK! It hurt! I expected him to give it to me in my left arm, but the dr just came at me with the needle and I was like "ACK!" and he jabbed my right arm.
I did however get a Harry Potter Bandaid on it :D

Anyone else get flu shots?
How long till pain goes away? :(

long tall smiley said:
When did the flu become the next Ebola?
Apparently recently :p
They've been ramming how important flu shots are down our throats for the last 3-4 yrs. I dont mind getting them because I'm always sick and it does seem to help. But OW! it hurts :(
and I'm wimpy.

Lynnakitty said:
They've been ramming how important flu shots are down our throats for the last 3-4 yrs. I dont mind getting them because I'm always sick and it does seem to help. But OW! it hurts :(
and I'm wimpy.
Yeah, I don't get it. I know what with the shortage its more of a news story this year then last year, but when the local news is reporting the first flu case here likes its a major outbreak, I have to ask myself, "WTF?"

Lynnakitty said:
They've been ramming how important flu shots are down our throats for the last 3-4 yrs. I don't mind getting them because I'm always sick and it does seem to help. But OW! it hurts :(
and I'm wimpy.
You better pray you never get any diseases like hepatitis or blood related. Because you will constantly be seeing needles.

long tall smiley said:
Yeah, I don't get it. I know what with the shortage its more of a news story this year then last year, but when the local news is reporting the first flu case here likes its a major outbreak, I have to ask myself, "WTF?"
You can thank the good little commies know as Bill & Hillary. Since they didn't think the US manufactures shouldn't make much in the way of profit most of them went out of business in the US so we have to depend on foreign imports. :rolleyes::mad:

long tall smiley said:
i've noticed that too. they say the flu is getting "tougher." Personally, I think peoples' immune systems aren't as strong because we're a nation of lazy tv watchers. i'm pretty active and I eat good, I hardly ever get sick. It's all in the condition you keep your body in.

CletusJones said:
i've noticed that too. they say the flu is getting "tougher." Personally, I think peoples' immune systems aren't as strong because we're a nation of lazy tv watchers. i'm pretty active and I eat good, I hardly ever get sick. It's all in the condition you keep your body in.
I have a weakened immune system. I am in very good health asside from a few minor setbacks and I still get sick all the time. Part of being born a premie apparently.

Anyway.. flu shot doesn't bother me.. just the pain in the arm afterwards.

I don't get sick. Well.. ok. I get a cold for 3 days a year but thats about it.

BigDov said:
Hopefully you don't get sick from the shot...... I always did, so I stopped getting them altogether.
I probably will.. if i do I'll just come home from class tomorrow. I'll recover.

Lynnakitty said:
I probably will.. if i do I'll just come home from class tomorrow. I'll recover.

Well there you go. You try icing the arm to get rid of some of that pain, or an aspirin maybe?? When I would get them, it was like a hot lump on my arm for a couple days, and I hated it. Ice Ice baby......

BigDov said:
Well there you go. You try icing the arm to get rid of some of that pain, or an aspirin maybe?? When I would get them, it was like a hot lump on my arm for a couple days, and I hated it. Ice Ice baby......
Hmm I hate ice :p
Would asprin really help?