I have worms

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,157
Or incredibly pervasive viruses. Reinstalling windows. Anyone know any good lightweight backup utilities. Want to save my AIM logs and whatnot.

The moral of this story is if you dont want people using your computer take the keyboard with you.

Or incredibly pervasive viruses. Reinstalling windows. Anyone know any good lightweight backup utilities. Want to save my AIM logs and whatnot.

The moral of this story is if you dont want people using your computer take the keyboard with you.

If you dont want people using your computer take off the power switch.

I never turn it off. They use the guest account to add profiles. Fucking windows home edition. Have any idea what it's like to wake up everyday with three more user accounts than when you went to bed?

Oh actually and if someone could tell me that util for partitioning HDDs while windows is running... Thank you.

I should probably do the same thing. I have a bunch of crap that i am more than willing to blow away with a reinstall. A buddy of mine used to have a Norton Ghost image of his sweet-and-clean install that he would reuse every few months and would always save his important documents onto a separate drive. Past that, I'm sure there's something out there that would do a scan of all .doc, .htm, etc and then put it in the windows task list to run at system startup.

...wow' That was incredibly unhelpful... :fly46:

I should probably do the same thing. I have a bunch of crap that i am more than willing to blow away with a reinstall. A buddy of mine used to have a Norton Ghost image of his sweet-and-clean install that he would reuse every few months and would always save his important documents onto a separate drive. Past that, I'm sure there's something out there that would do a scan of all .doc, .htm, etc and then put it in the windows task list to run at system startup.

...wow' That was incredibly unhelpful... :fly46:

Yup :lol:

I rared all my logs and documents. The major problem is about 30 gigs of music. I have a fast DVD drive but splitting the files evenly across discs is a bitch.

Yeah, I cant make my DVD drive work now, registry corrput code 19 :(

This is not what I wanted to do today

Last edited:
Yeah, I cant make my DVD drive work now, registry corrput code 19 :(

This is not what I wanted to do today
boot to a linux live disk to burn data to dvd if you can't do it in windows.

edit: nm, that won't work unless you already have one. damn chicken before egg problem.

boot to a linux live disk to burn data to dvd if you can't do it in windows.

edit: nm, that won't work unless you already have one. damn chicken before egg problem.

I figured it out, got started burning stuff to another computer's DVD drive across the network.

I've burnt my last backup (23 DVDs), and now I am reinstalling windows.

Wish me luck.

I have no regrets, I have done what few men dare dream.