I have questions...

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
1) I created a website for the rescue and currently they are voting on their submitted photos for the calendar we are going to sell as a fundraiser. The question is: What is the best way to make a page that will look clean that will display all 110 photo names (possibly with thumbnails) and display how many votes per photo in a ... say graph or something?

2) How would you bring up an offer to redesign this non-profits website that NEEDS to take a few steps out of the 1980s? I do not want to step on anyones toes or hurt anyones feelings, fly and I want to do them a favor.

ttyl,
april

Last edited:
2) How would you bring up an offer to redesign this non-profits website that NEEDS to take a few steps out of the 1980s? I do not want to step on anyones toes or hurt anyones feelings, fly and I want to do them a favor.
Just ask. They probably know their website sucks and would be happy for the offer. Chances are they just don't have the time to dedicate to designing a good website.

Just ask. They probably know their website sucks and would be happy for the offer. Chances are they just don't have the time to dedicate to designing a good website.

Its a total different generation than us that may have worked really hard on it. Ack, I'm just scared to chance it.

Its a total different generation than us that may have worked really hard on it. Ack, I'm just scared to chance it.
Just because they worked hard on it doesn't mean they don't realize it sucks.

Just approach it as "Hey, I'm really passionate about your Women Having Kids with Gay Men non-profit, and I have some ideas on how to make your website even better than it already is. I would like to donate my time in that pursuit if you would let me."

It sounds simple, but it still is stepping on someones toes to me.

Remember, it might also be a money thing. They might not see paying a web designer as a good use of their money.

I say you should go ahead and create a new site. Then show them. They'll probably be very excited about it, especially if you give it to them for free.

It sounds simple, but it still is stepping on someones toes to me.

Just tell them one of your future goals is to become a web designer, ask them if you can "play around" with there website. After it is complete, show them and they are more than likely going to take it. If they don't you are leaving them with the option of saying no politely.

Remember, it might also be a money thing. They might not see paying a web designer as a good use of their money.

I say you should go ahead and create a new site. Then show them. They'll probably be very excited about it, especially if you give it to them for free.

That was my thoughts on the issue.