Thread I have officially lost fath in humanity. (Long rant).

My mom was an HR manager and she spent most of her time negotiating benefits, advocating for employees in benefit disputes, dealing with workman's comp claims, representing the company at unemployment hearings, and helping employees with workplace problems. I'm trying to figure out how any of that is BS. The people she worked with loved and respected her. What kind of HR people do you guys encounter?
Im thinking you mean she had some sort of actual power. Most HR you encounter at larger companies don't have any authority to actually make decisions, they have orders to do something, no exceptions, this is what's going to happen.

Im thinking you mean she had some sort of actual power. Most HR you encounter at larger companies don't have any authority to actually make decisions, they have orders to do something, no exceptions, this is what's going to happen.

I hate to agree with you in particular but most HR are automatons of company policy that purely deal with day to day BS with the sole purpose of reaffirming the company baseline to avoid lawsuits. It doesn't matter whose wrong or right just as long as the employees get screwed at the end. That's the end game for big corp HR. Minimize loss. This makes tons of sense for any huge company but it's also dehumanizing for the employees which is morale death.