I have failed

Viremia said:
You DO suck. :mad:

I wanted to go to the Breeder's Cup. I've been to Lone Star twice this fall and at least a dozen times this past spring. I've given them many hundreds of dollars of my not-so-hard-earned monies (I suck at teh handicapping). They owed me good tickets, but nooooo. All I could scrape up were shit seats in one of the corners and they didn't have enough seats together for my friends.

I did place a bet via friend on the classic and another race, but I lost both exactas. :(

I had to settle with listening to Norm call the races.
I wasn't even planning on going, I just got incredibly lucky. The day before the race someone posted six tickets and a parking pass for sale at face value on a mountainbiking forum I visit. His wife had finally guilted him into going to a wedding with her instead of to the race. (I don't know what happened to the five other people he would have been taking) He sold two before I got in touch with him but I took the other four and the parking. It was pretty sweet. It pays to lurk in a local FS/FT forum.

The cowboys game was another windfall. I was just about to go biking saturday morning when my sister asked me if I wanted to go to the game instead. It was a client and his wife who was taking my sister and a coworker to the game, but his wife didn't want to go.

I went from no plans to a great weekend. It pays to be flexible.

Last edited:
Jonny_B said:
I am a failure. I could have added so much great content to the forum this weekend, but no one wants to hear stories without pics. No one wants to hear that I was at the Breeder's Cup unless I can show you photographic evidence of how close I was to the horsies as they came charging by. No one is going to believe I picked the trifecta in the Breeders' Cup Classic unless I can show you a photo of the ticket. Who wouldn't then absolutely demand proof when I describe how good my tickets to the Cowboys game were yesterday? You'd want to see a photo of the back of the Cowboys heads from just 14 rows back straddling the 50 yard line.

I am no good to the forum, because my camera was in the car during the races, and I couldn't retrieve it from the driver that day in time for the game. :(

Did you see April at the Breeders Cup? That horse has to be good for something...