WTF I have decided to unfollow Jesus.

Sooner or later there'll be more parasites than the host can feed and things will level out.

I read somewhere 10 billion.

Modern developed western countries already aren't birthing enough to replace themselves.
Fresh drinking water is a major issue.
Major.
People can live 3 weeks or more without food.
Water? 3 days.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
At current birth/death rates we increase 75 million per year. Looks like 8.7 billion by 2030.
Club Of Rome said we'd peak at 11 billion. But they made that projection 50 years ago.

Dont get me started on Club of Rome
But if you want to find out the truth about Global Warming err i mean Climate Change, look up Club of Rome

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Fresh drinking water is a major issue.
Major.
People can live 3 weeks or more without food.
Water? 3 days.

Can't remember who but was reading somebody's musings on the future and how the current wars for oil and other resources could one day expand to include water wars.

It made some sense, both in terms of simple rising demand on a fixed supply but also as a way to subjugate and control populations.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Sooner or later there'll be more parasites than the host can feed and things will level out.

I read somewhere 10 billion.

Modern developed western countries already aren't birthing enough to replace themselves.
Is this the current 'guestimate'? Honestly, it sounds like the 2018 version of a 1900 claim that could be "it'll level out at 3 billion" but somehow we've managed to figure it out.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Is this the current 'guestimate'? Honestly, it sounds like the 2018 version of a 1900 claim that could be "it'll level out at 3 billion" but somehow we've managed to figure it out.

That was before industrialized farming and all the chemical and biological technology that's since come with it.

Maybe some new tech will come along, who knows, but as it is now a lot of farmland is pretty depleted naturally and is being used as a host for synthetic fertilizers and herbicides and things. It wouldn't grow anywhere near the yield without that, and plants genetically manipulated to take advantage of it.

Thats here, and we export more and feed more of the world than anyone else by far.

Maybe as we sell more of that sorta tech and industrialization to other un-or-less-developed countries they can feed more people too.

Lot of the world still farms by way of an ox dragging a sharp stick and 19th century style human manual labor with the women of the tribe milling flour with a fucking stone.

Lot of them are healthier than us too.

Genesis by John Mellencamp.

"Little ditty, 'bout Adam and Eve.
Two Eden kids growin' up, doin' as they please."

Somebody has to have done that.

If not, I could sell it to one of these Baptist outfits down here that got entire self-contained recording industries and networks of radio stations and artists and promoters and congregations everywhere that buy the music and play it in church services and Bible study groups and then they all tithe tickets to the concerts and on and on and on.

It's it's own whole e̶c̶o̶n̶o̶m̶y̶ racket.