WTF I have decided to unfollow Jesus.

I too went through a edgy atheist phase haha.

I think it will be hard for me to find a church that will do good for the community to my standards. I know a lot of churches are basically club houses for the rich, but I'm not into that. It's fine if they like their club, but I'm not going to support that kind of selfishness.

I don't really like the idea of denominations. It's convenient to have a good idea of what a church believes in general, but a lot of people care too much about just their denomination. I wouldn't rule a church out because they associate with one, but I think the label is mostly unnecessary.

My biggest thing is wanting to find a church that is okay with me being pro choice and that is cool with people loving who they want to love, regardless of sex and gender.
I'm no Christian, but I have heard that Episcopalians are more liberal than most. They have female pastors, and have no problem with teh gays or pro-life stances.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I'm no Christian, but I have heard that Episcopalians are more liberal than most. They have female pastors, and have no problem with teh gays or pro-life stances.
Are those the peps who got a gay bishop a few years ago? Or am I thinking of something else?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
what about them ones that like snakes?
They seem fun
All outdoorsy and stuff
Story time: In high school, this cute boy asked me to go to church and then brunch with his family. It was a snake church and talking in tongues church. The pastor had a rattlesnake (pigmy, but still) and he said a copperhead (but did not look like a copperhead to me). Now I love snakes, but venomous ones, no.

What a cray place it was. The boy asked me out again, but no. He called me a heathen then.

He's now a model in NYC, gay and out of the closet. I should have known those eyes were too pretty. :)

Story time: In high school, this cute boy asked me to go to church and then brunch with his family. It was a snake church and talking in tongues church. The pastor had a rattlesnake (pigmy, but still) and he said a copperhead (but did not look like a copperhead to me). Now I love snakes, but venomous ones, no.

What a cray place it was. The boy asked me out again, but no. He called me a heathen then.

He's now a model in NYC, gay and out of the closet. I should have known those eyes were too pretty. :)

In before someone asks for his number.

p sure the whole reason that denomination exists is so that one king could get a divorce. I should know more since that was my church, but
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we did have a gay pastor at one of my churches, but people were pretty shitty to him when he came out (but also the congregation was like 90% octagenarians or older)

• Gravy
People sure grabbed those lines in the scriptures about homosexuality and distorted them and ran with it, thats for friggin sure.
Churches teach the gospel ass backwards. Theyre in the guilt business.

• Gravy
p sure the whole reason that denomination exists is so that one king could get a divorce. I should know more since that was my church, but
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we did have a gay pastor at one of my churches, but people were pretty shitty to him when he came out (but also the congregation was like 90% octagenarians or older)

I'm not sure about his spiritual life now at all, we're not in touch.

I didn't know you had gone to that church; I think I sounded more insulting than I meant to in my post. I was young, and the speaking in tongues that so many people were doing simultaneously was pretty overwhelming, and the snakes and the incense and the lighting and the music.

Were you scared as a kid with these things?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anglican church (aka Church of England) exists because a king wanted a divorce. Basically take the catholic church, replace the pope with the sitting monarch of England, and you've got the anglican church, keep everything else the same. The catholic church has a huge hatred for the anglican church.

source: baptized anglican, went to catholic school for 10 years because it was the closest school to my house, failed grade 9 because I wouldn't get confirmed catholic.

And yeah, anglican church is a much more progressive church as far as I've seen. The couple of married gay couples I know have been married in anglican churches, and the anglican church in my neighborhood flies a pride flag year round.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
Anglican church (aka Church of England) exists because a king wanted a divorce. Basically take the catholic church, replace the pope with the sitting monarch of England, and you've got the anglican church, keep everything else the same. The catholic church has a huge hatred for the anglican church.

source: baptized anglican, went to catholic school for 10 years because it was the closest school to my house, failed grade 9 because I wouldn't get confirmed catholic.
My Catholic grandfather called the Anglicans a "fake church" when my aunt was dating an Anglican dude.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're thinking Anglican/Church of England. The king was Henry VIII.

@Ledboots I was talking about episcopal, not pentocostal (the main snake handling/speaking in tongues sect)

@DerHoggz @gee yeah I was misremembering, p sure the episcopal church was basically the american offshoot of the church of england.

• Gravy