WTF I have decided to unfollow Jesus.

You should all join Hips Church of the Painful Truth. That would take out all the guesswork and make a lot more sense.
We don't tithe or demand anything of you. Sure we could use a little help keeping the lights on but nobody is gonna look at you funny if you just pass the plate on by.

Seeing as we are a church that follows the true spirit of Jesus and really isn't judgy in any manner I expect membership to be low.

You should dive into witchcraft for a bit then come back and reexamine Jesus.
I think you'll find it refreshing.
Witchcraft isn't good or evil. It's just a tool like the internet it can be used for good or bad. Kind of like how a lot of Christians use the bible to cherry pick verse to fit their agendas. Whichcraft also isn't a religion although it can be used along with religions.

Witchcraft isn't good or evil. It's just a tool like the internet it can be used for good or bad. Kind of like how a lot of Christians use the bible to cherry pick verse to fit their agendas. Whichcraft also isn't a religion although it can be used along with religions.

That's what they want you to think.

I could never be a witch anyway. I don't believe in magick (not to be confused with magic) I do believe in the power of perception. I'm sure I'll find something to dive into.

Oh I'm not trying to poopoo witchcraft/astrology/naturalism in general at all. There's definitely something to it. All that stuff does affect us. I just think they kind of end the thinking there and don't expand it out to what got the ball rolling on all that.
It's no coincidence the average human gestation period is 10 lunar cycles and not really 9 Roman calendar months.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I bet if you researched the gestation periods of other organisms you would find they also line up with lunar cycles, or solar cycles, or tides, or seasons, or some thing other than humans perception of things.
Those are all "godly".

I bet if you researched the gestation periods of other organisms you would find they also line up with lunar cycles, or solar cycles, or tides, or seasons, or some thing other than humans perception of things.
Those are all "godly".
I'm not against that idea. It also could just be the gravitational pull causing things to Line up. We may never know. There could be a god, Idk. I do know that if there is he is either not as powerful as people seem to think or he's an asshole. Probably both.

I'm not against that idea. It also could just be the gravitational pull causing things to Line up. We may never know. There could be a god, Idk. I do know that if there is he is either not as powerful as people seem to think or he's an asshole. Probably both.
He or she.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

I always keep in mind we are operating off basically 6 things.
Sight, Sound, Smell, Touch, Taste, and Intellect.

All are limited.

We can understand a many great things, but when you realize we are but an anthill on the butt of the universe, ........

I always keep in mind we are operating off basically 6 things.
Sight, Sound, Smell, Touch, Taste, and Intellect.

All are limited.

We can understand a many great things, but when you realize we are but an anthill on the butt of the universe, ........
But what is to stop an all powerful all knowing god from making us to understand? If he couldn't then s/he is not all knowing and all powerful, which would be fine. The god of Abraham is credited with having no limits. If that's so he would have designed us to have flaws on purpose. What a dick move. I don't need to know everything to know that.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
But what is to stop an all powerful all knowing god from making us to understand? If he couldn't then s/he is not all knowing and all powerful, which would be fine. The god of Abraham is credited with having no limits. If that's so he would have designed us to have flaws on purpose. What a dick move. I don't need to know everything to know that.

He gave us intellect and free will. That's our gift. It's up to us to use it for good.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
He gave us intellect and free will. That's our gift. It's up to us to use it for good.
Well I'm not going knock that. It's a healthy way to think about life. I don't necessarily believe in free will but I also don't not believe in it.

Well I'm not going knock that. It's a healthy way to think about life. I don't necessarily believe in free will but I also don't not believe in it.

Well free will is obviously influenced by our surroundings and the bubble we live in but when you boil it down we all still have it.
Nothing stops us from exercising it other than societal expectations and our own sense of morality.

"You never know what somebody is like until you're with them alone"

"Character is how you act when you know nobody is looking"

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and OOD
Well free will is obviously influenced by our surroundings and the bubble we live in but when you boil it down we all still have it.
Nothing stops us from exercising it other than societal expectations and our own sense of morality.

"You never know what somebody is like until you're with them alone"

"Character is how you act when you know nobody is looking"
That makes a lot of sense. I just think external influences are way stronger than will. I see choices as more mechanical than fluid.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer