WTF I have decided to unfollow Jesus.

Some lame sermon where the preacher went through the alphabet saying different names for god. But hey at least it wasn't about hating gays like the last one I went to.
that doesnt sound like a very good church, though finding one of those is like stumbling across bigfoot

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
isnt that pretty much every church thats not a modern protestant sect?
Most churches are protestant. And they almost all hate gay people. Most try to turn it into a tough love act and suggest suppressing sexuality or worse conversion.

Most churches are protestant. And they almost all hate gay people. Most try to turn it into a tough love act and suggest suppressing sexuality or worse conversion.

Well the only time I spent in SC being under the oppression of the US government so I can't really speak to the regular goings on of daily life there but I can tell you in other places in this country and a couple others I haven't really found that whole gay hate thing going on in many churches. They all might not celebrate it, but in the end all have sinned and fall short of the glory. The American old south is pretty much the only place I've seen that seems to put a real focus on that one particular thing. They do stop short of throwing them off a roof to their deaths but they do seem to take unreasonable issue with that one particular aspect.

Well the only time I spent in SC being under the oppression of the US government so I can't really speak to the regular goings on of daily life there but I can tell you in other places in this country and a couple others I haven't really found that whole gay hate thing going on in many churches. They all might not celebrate it, but in the end all have sinned and fall short of the glory. The American old south is pretty much the only place I've seen that seems to put a real focus on that one particular thing. They do stop short of throwing them off a roof to their deaths but they do seem to take unreasonable issue with that one particular aspect.
Calling homosexuality a sin is gay hate and nearly every church calls it a sin. They could just change that aspect like they've always changed aspects of the church. People shouldn't be made to fell like they are living in sin because they prefer the same sex. "Hate the sin not the person" does not translate to love for homosexuality.

I'm all for people being spiritual. I think it's healthy for a lot of people. But it's time to ditch the hateful list of rules that are way past outdated for society.

Just my opinion. I'm tired of all the hate.

Calling homosexuality a sin is gay hate and nearly every church calls it a sin. They could just change that aspect like they've always changed aspects of the church. People shouldn't be made to fell like they are living in sin because they prefer the same sex. "Hate the sin not the person" does not translate to love for homosexuality.

I'm all for people being spiritual. I think it's healthy for a lot of people. But it's time to ditch the hateful list of rules that are way past outdated for society.

Just my opinion. I'm tired of all the hate.

Lots of aspects of sex are considered sins. Premarital sex, gay sex, beastiality, masturbation, mistresses, anal sex, blowjobs, 3-somes, 4-somes, orgies, probably some others the puritans have fantasized about I haven't thought of.

The overarching theme is commit and give yourself to your partner and unconditionally love that person.

The sane person just sees it as one sin among many, be it stealing that which does not belong to you, not honoring your parents, murder, coveting your neighbors ass, or his piece of ass.

For all have sinned. Let he who is without fault cast the first stone. Love thy neighbor. Love thine enemy. Let them strike the other cheek also.

Etc. Etc.

Basically be a good person.

"When those who bring down holier-than-thou judgement upon you and proclaim themselves to be in authority, then it is your time to judge them".

-Hips 4:20

Lots of aspects of sex are considered sins. Premarital sex, gay sex, beastiality, masturbation, mistresses, anal sex, blowjobs, 3-somes, 4-somes, orgies, probably some others the puritans have fantasized about I haven't thought of.

The overarching theme is commit and give yourself to your partner and unconditionally love that person.

The sane person just sees it as one sin among many, be it stealing that which does not belong to you, not honoring your parents, murder, coveting your neighbors ass, or his piece of ass.

For all have sinned. Let he who is without fault cast the first stone. Love thy neighbor. Love thine enemy. Let them strike the other cheek also.

Etc. Etc.

Basically be a good person.

"When those who bring down holier-than-thou judgement upon you and proclaim themselves to be in authority, then it is your time to judge them".

-Hips 4:20
All I can think about right now is how much better I fell after masturbating. There was a time shortly after puberty or during that I would rub one out every night so I could fall asleep faster.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie