I have a DVI question...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
I have an unsed DVI port on my PC. I want to possibly run that, via a DVI <> component cable to my projector. How do I find out if my video card will do this and/or does anyone know if it will?

i think this will be the problem, "DVI <> component cable" not sure it that simple...in most cases if you have a dvi port you also have a video out port which is easier to use for composite.

Restless said:
i think this will be the problem, "DVI <> component cable" not sure it that simple...in most cases if you have a dvi port you also have a video out port which is easier to use for composite.
I found the cable.

And the card is a ATI 9500 softmodded to a 9700. I assume it will do 2 monitors since it has 2 ports...

fly said:
I found the cable.

And the card is a ATI 9500 softmodded to a 9700. I assume it will do 2 monitors since it has 2 ports...

if you have the cable then it should work, oohhhh.... need pics if it does :D

fly said:
I found the cable.

ATI sells a hidef kit for some of the Radeon models. I didn't know that it worked for the 9500??

theacoustician said:
Sweet, so you can go through 2 extra steps of processing for NO FUCKING REASON.

Well yeah. First you want to take your digital signal and convert it to analog to send it out of your video card. Then, you take it and convert it back to a digital signal when it hits the display. Sounds smarterer to me.

smileynev said:
Well yeah. First you want to take your digital signal and convert it to analog to send it out of your video card. Then, you take it and convert it back to a digital signal when it hits the display. Sounds smarterer to me.
BUT IT WAS SUCH A GOOD DEAL, IT MUST BE WORTH IT!

theacoustician said:
BUT IT WAS SUCH A GOOD DEAL, IT MUST BE WORTH IT!

HEY GUYS, I GOT THIS 20" SAMSUNG LCD FOR $50. AT LEAST I GOT THE BEZEL FOR THAT MUCH. HOW COULD I PASS IT UP!!!!

bast_imret said:
Wait a minute. Are you two agreeing on something?

He's not a total dumbass. Sometimes he knows what he's talking about.