Food I have a confession to make.

Most transplant lists require 6 months of alcohol abstinence to even get on the list
...really? I literally had zero idea about my condition/situation DESPITE BEING IN THE HOSPITAL.

Last edited:
...really? I literally had zero idea about my condition/situation DESPITE BEING IN THE HOSPITAL.
Well obviously you should know that dummy, but not everyone does. I know a few that have had a liver transplant.

Well obviously you should know that dummy, but not everyone does. I know a few that have had a liver transplant.
I know more about the specifics of my condition than most of the rotation doctors... want to talk about waste in the medical system... it's dumb how often I get sent to other departments for non-relevant/contra-indicated procedures.

Nothing in particular, I just have to be mindful of not going overboard with things that I enjoy.
Ahhh, it was my understanding that people usually replace it with a healthier addiction. Religion is usually a big one, smoking is also pretty common. Or am I totally wrong?

Ahhh, it was my understanding that people usually replace it with a healthier addiction. Religion is usually a big one, smoking is also pretty common. Or am I totally wrong?
There are posters on the wall in a few places I've been that are like "you just quit X don't replace it with smoking, call maryland quits.

Also I'm not sure you understand how condescending you sound rn.

Food is often a big replacement for some, work is another, so is exercise. I became quite involved in a recovery community, so I guess there’s that. A lot of people in recovery already smoked, I don’t think they started after quitting something else.

When you spend the amount of time that addicts do in their addictions, you’re bound to need something to fill that time up.

There are posters on the wall in a few places I've been that are like "you just quit X don't replace it with smoking, call maryland quits.

Also I'm not sure you understand how condescending you sound rn.
Are you okay?

From my understanding it's very common for people to replace it with something else... I'm genuinely interested to see if he did.

IMHO, smoking is a bit different than having to stop doing something because its destroying your life (not just your lungs). :iono:
Chain smoking, like my parents did until they had kids, is arguably just as bad. I of course didn't know them in the 70s but there are like no pics of my mom from that period where she doesn't have a cigarette and my dad always had a cigar stump.