I hate ghetto people

This isn't much better:

http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=2559

"Profiteering ghouls have been using debit cards distributed in the wake of Hurricane Katrina - intended to buy essentials for evacuated families - in luxury-goods stores as far away as Atlanta.

"We've seen three of the cards," said a senior employee of the Louis Vuitton store at the Lenox Square Mall in affluent Buckhead, who asked not to be named. "Two I'm certain have purchased; one actually asked if she could use it in the store. This has been since Saturday."

The distinctive white cards were distributed by the Red Cross and the Federal Emergency Management Agency and carry a value of up to $2,000.

"It doesn't say anything on the card other than alcohol, tobacco and firearms cannot be purchased with it," the store employee told me. "There's nothing legally that prevents us from taking it, unfortunately. Other than morally, it's wrong."

The source told me that the two women who had made purchases with the card each bought a signature monogrammed Louis Vuitton handbag in the $800 range.

"They didn't look destitute by any stretch. You would never have said, 'They must be one of the evacuees.' … The one that I dealt with yesterday was 20. She'll be 21 next month." The source described the reaction of other store-keepers in the mall - which includes luxury brands Ferragamo, Burberry, Judith Leiber and Neiman Marcus - as "outrage."

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ooh yes, so they are completely useless then.

Put 'em to work laying sandbags
I'm still pissed that 10's of thousands of perfectly healthy and unharmed people simply stood around getting angry they weren't being rescued rather than starting to do something to improve the situation themselves and now the lazy bastards are getting free apartments here in Chicago, free clothing, free food $2k cash from the government and local sponsers to buy them whatever they want/need.

zengirl said:
I'm still pissed that 10's of thousands of perfectly healthy and unharmed people simply stood around getting angry they weren't being rescued rather than starting to do something to improve the situation themselves and now the lazy bastards are getting free apartments here in Chicago, free clothing, free food $2k cash from the government and local sponsers to buy them whatever they want/need.

Theac saw an article talking about the Red Cross volunteers. It mentioned volunteers picking up trash in the shelters. I guess the hurricane messed up the refugee's vision and now they can't see trashcans anymore. HELP YOURSELVES PEOPLE AND TROW AWAY YOUR OWN DAMN GARBAGE. Volunteers can be put to better use! :rant:

Pandora said:
Theac saw an article talking about the Red Cross volunteers. It mentioned volunteers picking up trash in the shelters. I guess the hurricane messed up the refugee's vision and now they can't see trashcans anymore. HELP YOURSELVES PEOPLE AND TROW AWAY YOUR OWN DAMN GARBAGE. Volunteers can be put to better use! :rant:
Well, we were watching the news the other night and a reporter took pictures of an area refugees had inhabited while awaiting rescue. I commented on the unbelievable amounts of garbage in the area, and Ryan says, "Well, there was a hurricaine" and I said, yeah but the garbage is concentrated to the areas people inhabited, moreso than the areas that were just debris strewn. And you could tell by looking at the garbage piles where people hung out and where they didn't. It was disgusting.

Now these same animals are getting free rides? It's insane.

Lord Flaccid said:
Poor people should be slaughtered. Or make them wear yellow armbands or something. Anything.
It has nothing to do with being poor, it has everything to do with being lazy and a drain on MY tax dollars

zengirl said:
It has nothing to do with being poor, it has everything to do with being lazy and a drain on MY tax dollars

Weren't you the one saying that poor people act like that because being povertous has given them different ideals and more of a merely survival-centric character base? I was talking about how lazy they were and you said they weren't lazy, they were just different because they were poor. At least I thought that was you. Could've been someone on any of the other forums I visit regularly.

Lord Flaccid said:
Weren't you the one saying that poor people act like that because being povertous has given them different ideals and more of a merely survival-centric character base? I was talking about how lazy they were and you said they weren't lazy, they were just different because they were poor. At least I thought that was you. Could've been someone on any of the other forums I visit regularly.

That was in the begining of this whole mess.......now she's numb. :fly:

Lord Flaccid said:

Trash cans should be a part of the survival-centric character base thingie. Least it is for me. If I lost everything I would still look for a trashcan when I needed to throw something away. Otherwise you end up living in a dump...oh wait....nevermind. I'll just never understand people that do not desire to better themselves. :iono:

Lord Flaccid said:
I honestly don't hold a position on any of that, I just like to argue whatever :fly:

However, I DO feel a strong sense of disgust and disapointment at the behavior of the "refugees" and this is only outweighed by my disgust and disappointment at the accomodation they're receiving now. I know poor people with criminal or "survial mode" moral codes don't see right and wrong the same way that Christians do.. so before I was more or less arguing a religious moral code with Fat Burger more than anything else :lol:

Pandora said:
I'll just never understand people that do not desire to better themselves. :iono:
They don't have to... welfare monkeys have everything handed to them and when things get particularly rough for them, rather than getting a job, they call Jesse Jackson.

Some of the poor people have had hard hard lives or just bad things happen. A lot are lazy. They expect the government to wipe thier asses for them and commit crime rather than work one or two jobs 40 hour weeks. You really think these same people would make some type of system of disposing of trash or just throw it anywhere and expect the government to pick it up and then pay them for having to be around the trash.