I got a bit of a late start this morning...

KNYTE said:
Good point. But seriously, is anyone in the non-retail or service industry actually doing any work this week?
I work in the datacenter for a bank, this is the busiest week of the year for us. There's lots of tapes to process and reports to run for year-end financial suff.

KNYTE said:
Good point. But seriously, is anyone in the non-retail or service industry actually doing any work this week?

The gears of the govt grind on. Its actually pretty slow around here this week.
Next week after everyone comes back is gonna suck tho.

Drool-Boy said:
The gears of the govt grind on. Its actually pretty slow around here this week.
Next week after everyone comes back is gonna suck tho.

Do you guys get free trips to the moon and shit?

I started yesterday. Apparently the place is "empty." My day consisted of putting together a PC, throwing some software on it, my manager driving me around Columbus showing me where all the restaurants, liquor stores and bars are located in relation to work. I ate at a Japanese steakhouse. On separate occasions he walked by with XPPro x64, server2003 and a number of other goodies and asked if anyone wanted copies. Today, the guy I was working with was setting up an ftp of some sort from home that he could get to from his website. He left work at least two times to drive home and work on things and came back. It's been a rough week. :thrawn:

thrawn said:
I started yesterday. Apparently the place is "empty." My day consisted of putting together a PC, throwing some software on it, my manager driving me around Columbus showing me where all the restaurants, liquor stores and bars are located in relation to work. I ate at a Japanese steakhouse. On separate occasions he walked by with XPPro x64, server2003 and a number of other goodies and asked if anyone wanted copies. Today, the guy I was working with was setting up an ftp of some sort from home that he could get to from his website. He left work at least two times to drive home and work on things and came back. It's been a rough week. :thrawn:

my experiences with the 2...
xp pro64 = at home, not ready for prime time imo
server '03 = at work, go for it