I got a bit of a late start this morning...

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
So I was a little lazy in my getting ready this morning and was about 10 minutes late to work. Initially I was a little guilty about it (I do try for the most part to be on time), until I got to the office and there were 3 (three!) cars in parking lot. I walked in and the receptionists desk was empty (which doesn't surprise me much since she walked off the job last week, but we've had one of the admins filling in) so I walked back to see the IT admin and asked where everyone was, to which she replied "pretty much everyone is taking the rest of the week off, why are you here?"

Good question. Luckily, I burned a CD of emergency software* before leaving this morning.

Why doesn't the guvmint just give the last week of the year off to everyone not working retail?

*NES/SNES emulators and about 40 of my favorite ROMS

Last edited:
Working in law is beautiful this time of year. None of the attorneys are around, courts are staffed by skeleton crews and no one schedules anything...it's great. I should've just brought in my portable DVD player and watched Collateral or Saving Private Ryan. Tomorrow perhaps...

ChikkenNoodul said:
But it's the best week to be at work! There's no-one around and it's quite relaxing, better to take time off during busier times.

We're actually not allowed to do much until the end of January or later anyway, year-end processing and all

Good point. But seriously, is anyone in the non-retail or service industry actually doing any work this week?

I helped someone setup their ipod yesterday because I had nothing better to do. It was embarassing.

Sarcasmo said:
Working in law is beautiful this time of year. None of the attorneys are around, courts are staffed by skeleton crews and no one schedules anything...it's great. I should've just brought in my portable DVD player and watched Collateral or Saving Private Ryan. Tomorrow perhaps...

I had a court date set for December 30th a few years ago......I was schedued to be out of town and so was my lawyer. He had to go in and get an extension until January 9th.

My old office used to close for this week. Mandatory vacation.

I work for a state university and we were told 3 weeks ago that they wouldn't be opening up the buildings for faculty or staff this week except for "necessary services" like public safety I guess. Normally we would work today and tomorrow but they made it a forced holiday this year (unpaid). I was off last thursday and I wont go back to work until January 3rd.

Bubbles said:
I had a court date set for December 30th a few years ago......I was schedued to be out of town and so was my lawyer. He had to go in and get an extension until January 9th.

My old office used to close for this week. Mandatory vacation.

That is the best time to get scheduled if you are fighting a traffic violation. The cop rarely shows up and then you get out of the ticket no problem :D

ERage said:
That is the best time to get scheduled if you are fighting a traffic violation. The cop rarely shows up and then you get out of the ticket no problem :D

This was definately not a simple traffic violation. I needed to be present as did my attorney. I even had to "take the stand".

Bubbles said:
This was definately not a simple traffic violation. I needed to be present as did my attorney. I even had to "take the stand".

Yeah, they were like that about my public urination charge too :fly:

Bubbles said:

You beat up your pusher, didn't you?

ERage said:
Yeah, they were like that about my public urination charge too :fly:

I got caught once peeing behind a gas station. The cops searched every inch of my car....destroyed it. Then threatened to arrest me for indecent exposure, until I said my uncles name and they let me call someone for a ride home. This was not the crap I went to court over though. :fly:

It's kind of a long story, but basically I set up one of my good friends with one of my ex-boyfriends. Then she accused me of leaving threatening notes on her car and various other not nice things. She tried to get a restraining order against me (had me restrained from my school and my job among other rediculous places). My lawyer ate her for dinner and the case was thrown out.