I get inner ear infections, still.

i had tubes in my ears a good dozen times when i was younger. i remember banging on the living room wall in the middle of the night when i was a few years old because of an ear infection. i havent had one in a number of years though.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Is that the same thing as blown out? My doctor when I was a kid finally stuffed some contraption in my ears and it blasted them with water and all the giant clumps of stuff came out. I never had an infection after that, but it's taken me years to make clearing my ears for pressure changes not an excruciatingly painful event.

No, it's really a tiny vacuum cleaner thingy that he stuck in my ear and it sucked out all of the puss and earwax and stuff that was in there. It was gross but I felt way better when he was done. I could hear again after weeks of not being able to. I wish I could have my ears vacuumed more often.

elpmis said:
actually, there's something close to that where they put little tubes in your ears to drain the fluids, but they only last 6 months and then they fall out.

Unfortunately my ear infections are so frequent I'd need the surgery every 6 months for the rest of my life, which would ultimately damage my hearing

I had that from when I was a baby up until I was about 13... didn't come out till the doc pulled them out with a funny tool. Same thing?

eileenbunny said:
No, it's really a tiny vacuum cleaner thingy that he stuck in my ear and it sucked out all of the puss and earwax and stuff that was in there. It was gross but I felt way better when he was done. I could hear again after weeks of not being able to. I wish I could have my ears vacuumed more often.

Can't you get one of them ear sucker thingys they use on newborns?

I had tubes in my ears when I was a kid. When they fell out my mom kept them and put them in my baby book. I believe she still has them

zengirl said:
I had tubes in my ears when I was a kid. When they fell out my mom kept them and put them in my baby book. I believe she still has them

OMG moms are weird ... me included. I have some pretty weird things of my kids ... definately all their teeth. and what the hell am I suppose to do with all those teeth :iono:

Last edited by a moderator:
what-what.jpg

Im not dealing with an ear infection but I have strep throat for the first time in like 6 years and it sucks.

Mr_bucket said:
Im not dealing with an ear infection but I have strep throat for the first time in like 6 years and it sucks.

I used to get strep throat two or three times every year untill I had my tonsils out five years ago. I don't think I've had it since.