Thread I gave blood today

I gave blood when I was 17. Stood up when I was done and passed out.
I was tested for blood sugar problems and found out I had seriously low iron levels and hypoglycemia. I ended up in the hospital for s few days so they could pump some iron into me bloodz.
Now, I'm borderline diabetic and still anemic.

Guess I'll be keeping my blood.

I donate all kinds of stuff. Baby items, clothes, money, mainly to St. Jude.
I need to step it up though.

I use to donate blood regularly but have gotten out of the habit. I should start doing it again. I like to tell myself they are only taking out the old tired blood and with it gone I'm free to make new healthier blood.

The first time I gave blood in high school the person screwed up so after I was half way done it just stopped so the just said oops and started over again on the other arm. I left the trailer feeling a little odd. I got to class and missed sitting in the desk chair and woke up in the nurses office.

Last edited:
I gave blood when I was 17. Stood up when I was done and passed out.
I was tested for blood sugar problems and found out I had seriously low iron levels and hypoglycemia. I ended up in the hospital for s few days so they could pump some iron into me bloodz.
Now, I'm borderline diabetic and still anemic.

Guess I'll be keeping my blood.

I donate all kinds of stuff. Baby items, clothes, money, mainly to St. Jude.
I need to step it up though.

Sun dried tomatoes. Delicious and chock full of both antioxidants and iron.

What if you slept with a man who had relations with a goat?

Not one of the questions asked. I shall inquire next time in July. Good thought as usual.
Considering how hard it was for them to find a vein on me last time they had to draw blood, I'm not interested in playing pincushion again.

Luckily I have the veins of a seasoned heroin addict. Easy to just tap up to the surface.