Thread I gave blood today

Nope, it's all about the HIV. Don't know why. Guess it's an old standard. You'd think they'd just test the blood for it anyway. I mean, you can't expect people to be honest.

They do test for it. They did test for it before, too, as soon as the tests were available.

I've never given blood, I've been pregnant or nursing for so long, and now when I have blood drawn for just tests I have to eat somethign right before and rest and eat something right after to avoid passing out. I don't want to attempt to give very much, I'm afraid I wouldn't make it through.

Pretty much yeah. It also says 'Have you ever accepted money or drugs for sex?' and I was tempted to tick yes and argue that every woman has inadvertently accepted money in return for sex.

So if you prostitute once they care, but you can whore about with no money involved and it's fine.

not you.. argue? come on..

I've never donated any part of my body. :hs: A friend (chick) of mine donated eggs and made a VERY pretty penny.

Think you can get money for eggs here but I don't like the idea of it. All blood donations are for free though here. I only ahd to go across the corridor after work to do it. :)

Here, the better your genetics are the more money you get.

Why don't you like the idea of it? It would be an easy 20k...

I'd love to donate my body juice, but they won't let me on account of my living in Europe during Mad Cow Fest 1980+

I might be wrong about this but I don't think that's quite easy like donating blood or something. I think donating eggs is real surgery.

It's not THAT easy, but for the money it seems worth it.

Removing the eggs: The eggs will be removed from your ovaries in a minor surgical procedure called transvaginal ovarian aspiration. An ultrasound probe will be inserted into your vagina. A thin needle attached to the probe will be inserted into each follicle. Using suction, the egg and liquid inside each follicle are removed. You may be given painkillers, sedatives or anesthesia during the retrieval, which lasts about 30 minutes. When all the eggs have been retrieved, you will recover for a few hours before going home. You must have someone drive you home. Afterwards, you will need to rest for the day. Often, it takes several days of restricted activity to recover.

Considering how hard it was for them to find a vein on me last time they had to draw blood, I'm not interested in playing pincushion again.