I found work!!!

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I was out on my evening stroll the other night and noticed a now hiring sign. I was very skeptical about it since it was kinda hidden away and I hadn't heard about it or seen it in my job searching. I went in today to fill out an application and they gave me a full on the spot interview. It is debt consolidation which is something I do not care for but at this point I am just happy to find work. They looked over my application and took me in to meet the owner for a full interview. The guy looks over my application and says "well this will be quick, you are hired". He asks me if I mind being on the phone and I tell him that would not be a problem at all. Then he tells me that he will put me on the phones for a couple of weeks so I can get acclimated and then move me up from there. Turns out they are looking for supervisors and he said that I am way to qualified to just keep on the phones. I went in looking for a quick 2 week job to hold me over but after meeting with him I think this may turn out to be something much better. For once in the last 6 months things are feeling good and looking up for me so I figured I would share. It is about a mile away from my house so I will get my two mile walk in everyday, which is the main reason I applied :fly:

/blog

It was the mohawk that has management written all over it.

I had it going in full glory too :D

I think I knew the owner but just left it as a walk in app. I hate bringing up past work because this business is a revolving door of shit. You never know who has fucked over who to make money :eek:

So, no mining then?

Actually, I took this job as a stepping stone so I could afford the move to Alberta. If this guy was just blowing smoke and my day job doesn't pick up then I still have full plans to move up there. The one mining company I was looking at will pay most of my moving expenses but I will still need to buy a vehicle when I get there. My best friend from when I was a kid is looking at some options for me in BC as well.

Done with Tampa?

Not really, its more about "I can, so why not" if you know what I am saying. I am a single guy with not much to worry about. No wife and kids, no house to sell or lease to break and no reason why I can't just pick up and move. I have always wanted to go back to Canada for a couple years, this just gives me a good excuse. They are in desperate need of workers in the west and are paying some serious figures for people to relocate. I have dual citizenship so the move will be really easy and I dont know anyone(Alberta anyways) so I can just work my ass off for a couple years. "If" I do go, I will return in a couple years after I have enough saved to make my life more stable.

I took a hard blow after working my way up the ladder twice in 10 years and being completely dropped. Right now I am still taking full profits as a partner but 100% of 0 is still 0. I cant wait around forever for this company to get its shit together so I have made some "escape routes".

To long winded??? :fly: