I found a place to live!

Ok, so what about the signs on the entrance ramp to theinterstate that specifically states that pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden from travelling on the interstate?
they're not allowed on the interstates. their travel can be restricted, but that's all covered by the transportation code and probably (since the interstate program is federal) by some federal statutes as well. i'm talking Texas penal code here, and the definition in the Penal code, for the purposes of DWI laws, is the one listed on the last page.

which blows.

In other news... It's illegal to burn a US or Texas flag in Texas.

I thought flag burning could only be banned by constitutional amendment. Is this law unconstitutional?

How do you figure that? Remember rights that are not incorporated are not universal except on federal property. Either way, the texas law, while not struck down is pretty much moot. http://supreme.justia.com/us/491/397/case.html

Remember just because there is a statute doesnt mean that it's actually enforced.

How do you figure that? Remember rights that are not incorporated are not universal except on federal property. Either way, the texas law, while not struck down is pretty much moot. http://supreme.justia.com/us/491/397/case.html

Remember just because there is a statute doesnt mean that it's actually enforced.
seems to me like it should be required to be removed from the books if it has already been considered by the supreme court and found lacking. keeping it on there means that a zealous police officer could arrest someone for doing something that they can not be convicted of. that subjects the person to legal fees and interruption of their life without being able to raise a wrongful arrest complaint.

hmm .. so they can pick and choose where you can ride your bicycle.

What are they going to do when you get a DUI on your bicycle .. suspend your bike riding abilities and impound your bike? You get a DUI in a car and they impound your car, suspend your drivers license, and you can't get car insurance.

I still believe if you fought a DUI from being on a bike, you could win. That's like saying you can get a DUI for having on running shoes.

seems to me like it should be required to be removed from the books if it has already been considered by the supreme court and found lacking. keeping it on there means that a zealous police officer could arrest someone for doing something that they can not be convicted of. that subjects the person to legal fees and interruption of their life without being able to raise a wrongful arrest complaint.
Do you know how many laws there are where one has no chance of being convicted? I dont know but there are entire chapters of State, Local, and Federal laws that are moot. Most of the 900 chapter of the USC is unconstitutional. In my town you technically have to have a flag on any 'mechanical buggy' if it is going to travel more than 30 mph. You are -always- technically committing a crime that you can be arrested for. You can be arrested for suspicion of committing a crime and held for an amount of time (varies by state) before seeing a judge.

The short of it is, dont do anything that will get you into the legal process. The only people who win are the lawyers. It will pretty much ruin your life if you are ever brought before a grand jury, much less a real trial.

Unfortunately our system doesnt work without the leeway to do these things. If there is a good reason to believe someone is doing something very wrong but no proof otherwise, it could be considered good judgment to just arrest them for loitering etc. The thing is most of the people who get that treatment are not innocent. If you get arrested there is probably a very good reason. Not to say that there are no mistakes.

Wrongful arrest suits are a joke. Every single criminal in existence has brought one. They are usually just dismissed unless it's something very public.

hmm .. so they can pick and choose where you can ride your bicycle.

What are they going to do when you get a DUI on your bicycle .. suspend your bike riding abilities and impound your bike? You get a DUI in a car and they impound your car, suspend your drivers license, and you can't get car insurance.

I still believe if you fought a DUI from being on a bike, you could win. That's like saying you can get a DUI for having on running shoes.
actually, if you get a DWI/DUI on a bicycle it's still a DWI/DUI. That means you would still lose your driver's license whether you were on a car or a bike.

It doesn't make sense, but that's the way the law works here. Let me find the code.

edit: blah blah blah it's really long winded, but it's basically automatically revoked for any offense related to the DWI statute. bicycle or not.

Last edited:
Do you know how many laws there are where one has no chance of being convicted? I dont know but there are entire chapters of State, Local, and Federal laws that are moot. Most of the 900 chapter of the USC is unconstitutional. In my town you technically have to have a flag on any 'mechanical buggy' if it is going to travel more than 30 mph. You are -always- technically committing a crime that you can be arrested for. You can be arrested for suspicion of committing a crime and held for an amount of time (varies by state) before seeing a judge.

The short of it is, dont do anything that will get you into the legal process. The only people who win are the lawyers. It will pretty much ruin your life if you are ever brought before a grand jury, much less a real trial.

Unfortunately our system doesnt work without the leeway to do these things. If there is a good reason to believe someone is doing something very wrong but no proof otherwise, it could be considered good judgment to just arrest them for loitering etc. The thing is most of the people who get that treatment are not innocent. If you get arrested there is probably a very good reason. Not to say that there are no mistakes.

Wrongful arrest suits are a joke. Every single criminal in existence has brought one. They are usually just dismissed unless it's something very public.
yeah, but that sucks. it's like they're intentionally making things that everyone does illegal just so they can pick anyone up for any reason. that strikes me as very "police-state"ish.

yeah, but that sucks. it's like they're intentionally making things that everyone does illegal just so they can pick anyone up for any reason. that strikes me as very "police-state"ish.

orlyrotate.gif

actually, if you get a DWI/DUI on a bicycle it's still a DWI/DUI. That means you would still lose your driver's license whether you were on a car or a bike.

It doesn't make sense, but that's the way the law works here. Let me find the code.

edit: blah blah blah it's really long winded, but it's basically automatically revoked for any offense related to the DWI statute. bicycle or not.

Yet you can just climb right back ona bicucle and ride on. I still don't believe it. I still think if you fought it, you could win.

man, it's almost 8pm, I'm on a laptop sitting in bed .. lol gimme a break :lol: .. the diet pill isn't helping .. I'm hyper as all crap :lol:
Diet pill? You get the same effect by running, now get out there and RUN!

If only my knees would allow it. A horse back riding accident and basketball pretty much rendered running obsolete for me :lol:. Just squatting down pains me most of the time, ask Mikey .. sometimes I will just topple over :lol:.
For low impact and free from pain exercise try drunk biking.

:lol: drunk biking FTW! wait, how about we just combine the two and do the drunking instead :D.

Swimming ftw!

We had an above ground pool, but it stayed so cold no one would ever get in it lol .. so my parents took it down. My gym doesn't have one either :(. I do the eliptical machine though .. but I still can't do it much either.

Just walking makes it ache sometimes. I can't even sleep without something under my left one or it wakes me up aching. I have a feeling I'll prolly have to have surgery on it eventually. But I'm waiting for later rather than now :lol:.

:lol: drunk biking FTW! wait, how about we just combine the two and do the drunking instead :D.

We had an above ground pool, but it stayed so cold no one would ever get in it lol .. so my parents took it down. My gym doesn't have one either :(. I do the eliptical machine though .. but I still can't do it much either.

Just walking makes it ache sometimes. I can't even sleep without something under my left one or it wakes me up aching. I have a feeling I'll prolly have to have surgery on it eventually. But I'm waiting for later rather than now :lol:.
you definitely want to be biking, swimming or perhaps even rowing by the sounds of it. anything to keep the pressure off the knees. elliptical isn't as bad as treadmill, but it's still repetitive loading and unloading of the knee.

It really doesn't matter what it is .. just moving it a alot for an extended period of time will make it ache. It hurts in the bend, and the top of the cap. It sucks .. I just try to not do much on it lol. I do more machine and weight exercises and situps. (when I do anything .. which I haven't all winter :lol: )