Ontopic I for one welcome the return of indentured servitude

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,239
Steam
asastang
ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.
Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis granted ThedaCare's request and held an initial hearing Friday morning. The case will get a longer hearing at 10 a.m. Monday.

What the fuck?
At will state, and the judge doesn't even agree with his own ruling here.

I've been in and around Neenah, WI, and trust me: they need all the cardiovascular workers they can get, because people there be morbidly obese.

I used to live in Kaukauna. It's a suburb city of Appleton :lol: My first job was as a paper boy for that newspaper.

That looks like a clusterfuck.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
That's fucking wild and I hope the employees end up suing the shit out of Theda, somehow. Judge should face some consequences for this too

That's fucking wild and I hope the employees end up suing the shit out of Theda, somehow. Judge should face some consequences for this too
It's just an injuction until monday. I'd reallllllyyyyy like to read the court filings though. I can't even imagine how "wahhh someone hired our employees" even made it to a judge.

ThedaCare just literally burned bridges with their whole staff. Hey you want to work somewhere else? We'll refuse to match offers and drag your ass to court. I'd love to hear the chitchat going around at St Elizabeths now (funny fact my brother was born there, I've been there many times)

ThedaCare just literally burned bridges with their whole staff. Hey you want to work somewhere else? We'll refuse to match offers and drag your ass to court. I'd love to hear the chitchat going around at St Elizabeths now (funny fact my brother was born there, I've been there many times)
in some of the original articles, I saw the person at Theda they were interviewing made it a point to call out St. Elizabeth as only being a Primary Stroke Center, vs. Theda's current accreditation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center (which is what they will lose if they cannot keep the stroke team on-call 24/7), but they went on to say that incoming stroke patients would get routed to CSCs in Green Bay, which like ok maybe, but they also listed Milwaukee which is less likely, & Madison which is even less likely. PSCs and CSCs actually tend to have very similar performance/outcomes for acute ischemic strokes, and the key areas where CSCs outperform are treatments that have to be initiated within a short timeline after symptom onset. traveling from Appleton to Milwaukee or Madison, you'd be wasting a ton of precious time. further, the fact that the CSCs tend to outperform in those areas isn't obligate, that is, there is nothing about the particular accreditation that guarantees the superior treatment at a CSC, a large part of that comes down to having experience/expertise, which can also be self-fulfilling (like, as it stands currently with a CSC and a PSC, stroke patients are more likely to be routed to the CSC so the CSC gets more and constant experience with stroke patients).

I believe that being a CSC means the hospital can bill higher for their stroke-related services and that's the REAL reason they're being salty about losing that accreditation.

the article also mentioned Theda potentially losing their status as a Level II trauma center, but even if they're knocked down to Level III, patients of any trauma level may still be routed there initially, they may just end up transferred to another facility after Theda stabilizes them. and again, the medical staff there aren't losing any of their knowledge or skills they already have, so it's not like they'll suddenly get worse at providing the care those patients need. again, I think this comes down to billing/loss of revenue, and as with the stroke center bit they're trying to spin it to be about a potential decline in patient care.

in some of the original articles, I saw the person at Theda they were interviewing made it a point to call out St. Elizabeth as only being a Primary Stroke Center, vs. Theda's current accreditation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center (which is what they will lose if they cannot keep the stroke team on-call 24/7), but they went on to say that incoming stroke patients would get routed to CSCs in Green Bay, which like ok maybe, but they also listed Milwaukee which is less likely, & Madison which is even less likely. PSCs and CSCs actually tend to have very similar performance/outcomes for acute ischemic strokes, and the key areas where CSCs outperform are treatments that have to be initiated within a short timeline after symptom onset. traveling from Appleton to Milwaukee or Madison, you'd be wasting a ton of precious time. further, the fact that the CSCs tend to outperform in those areas isn't obligate, that is, there is nothing about the particular accreditation that guarantees the superior treatment at a CSC, a large part of that comes down to having experience/expertise, which can also be self-fulfilling (like, as it stands currently with a CSC and a PSC, stroke patients are more likely to be routed to the CSC so the CSC gets more and constant experience with stroke patients).

I believe that being a CSC means the hospital can bill higher for their stroke-related services and that's the REAL reason they're being salty about losing that accreditation.

the article also mentioned Theda potentially losing their status as a Level II trauma center, but even if they're knocked down to Level III, patients of any trauma level may still be routed there initially, they may just end up transferred to another facility after Theda stabilizes them. and again, the medical staff there aren't losing any of their knowledge or skills they already have, so it's not like they'll suddenly get worse at providing the care those patients need. again, I think this comes down to billing/loss of revenue, and as with the stroke center bit they're trying to spin it to be about a potential decline in patient care.
Yeah I can see Green Bay it's only like 30 minutes up 41. Milwaukee is like two hours-ish, same with Madison. Also wont they have to hire travelling staff to cover? Which costs more etc.

It's all a huge money grab.