I feel like I'm in a bad soap opera

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
So recently IBWIP and I have been going through some really awful times. At the end of October we learned that IBWIP's mom has cancer again. She had ovarian cancer last year and apparently they didn't get it all through the surgery and chemo she had and now it has spread quite a bit. She's had more surgery and is expecting more chemotherapy any day now.

Last week we found out that my mom also has cancer. The doctors believe it is lung cancer and they know that it has spread to her brain. Tonight they did a surgery to remove one of the tumors from her brain. They can't surgically remove the other one, so she gets to have some radiation. We don't yet know what will happen with the stuff in her lungs, but so far the talk has been all about making her comfortable for whatever time she has left.

I haven't been able to think straight for most of this month. I'm simply overwhelmed. I think IBWIP is too. Unfortunately he and I haven't spent a lot of time together since my mom is in Virginia and his mom is in Maryland and so is his job.

Anyway, just thought I'd share cause I needed to get it all out and ask for prayers and whatnot. I'm not terribly religious, but my mom is and it can't hurt at this point. I just don't want either of them to suffer at all.

Thanks for listening.

:hug: :heart: I hope things work out for you both. It pains me to see such great people struggling :(

oh hunny...how awful. how very, very awful. :( you get it out as much as you need to. you need something to keep you from going crazy.
i love you and i'm here for you, whenever you need to talk.
:heart:

smooch.gif