"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction..."

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. the world will have a generation of idiots. - Albert Einstein

tumblr_mgc4lpV7VF1qzpegpo1_r1_500.png

Yup.

It was interesting. I was watching the original Willy Wonka movie the other day. The point there the boy get's turned into a TV image, the oompa loompas started singing

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompa dah dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get from a glut of TV?
A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
Why don't you try simply reading a book?
Or could you just not bear to look?
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no commercials

We all saw it coming, and we didn't even flinch.

I question that quote. Einstein died in '55, well before there was any indication that technology would aid or seriously alter social interaction.

You might want to educate yourself on the world before you were born. The concept of technology taking over humanity is something that existed long before tech was even in most homes.

For instance, watch "Metropolis', came out in 1927.

I do not know who said the exact quote you are asking about, but it is often linked to Albert Einstein. Einstein did say "It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity" when he was questioned about the atomic bomb. (source: 2010, The Ultimate Quotable Einstein, Edited by Alice Calaprice, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey. (Verified on paper))

found this on wiki

You might want to educate yourself on the world before you were born. The concept of technology taking over humanity is something that existed long before tech was even in most homes.

true but what form of communication was he referring to as a risk of taking over social interaction?

Oh yes, I need to educate myself, it's all my fault.
Nevermind the fact that after a quick google, I can find no reputable source that says that Einstein actually said that.
:rolleyes:

Edit: that smiley carries connotations that the one I'm used to did not.

Last edited:
true but what form of communication was he referring to as a risk of taking over social interaction?

Television was already be derided as taking over for social interaction even back then. automated assembly lines were beginning to come to rise, meaning less people and more machines in the workplace. It's not necessary 'communications', just technology. Technology becoming the norm over what was previous a human role. Replace a person with tech, you replace the social interaction that came with that person as well.

Oh yes, I need to educate myself, it's all my fault.
Nevermind the fact that after a quick google, I can find no reputable source that says that Einstein actually said that.
:rolleyes:

Edit: that smiley carries connotations that the one I'm used to did not.

Yet, you can't find a source that says he didn't either. The point being isn't did einstein say it, it was your issue that "well before there was any indication that technology would aid or seriously alter social interaction.", which I pointed out as being false. You chose to ignore that because it countered your male Enemy mindset.

PS. You are the one who has resorted to name calling and insults over the past few days during disagreements, not me. Quite projecting. It's obvious.

PS - the resident psychologist said that I had a valid point in the Fuelband argument. Coincidentally you never returned to it to continue the discussion based.