[Article] I don't watch that much television, but I am a geek. (HTPC Part I)

I played 30 years ago and was invited to play again in May this year. My partner couldn't believe my first drive after 30 years found the fairway :D and I outdrove him a few times. Short play has gone to hell in a basket though.

I only took the game up originally as I was a buyer back in the 80's and got invited a lot. I even turned down an all-expenses weekend at Gleneagles as I didn't play. That seemed stupid so I bought some clubs and played for a year or two. The trouble is now that it's a battle between my tennis elbow and golfers elbow to see which can make me act my age first.

Last edited:
I played 30 years ago and was invited to play again in May this year. My partner couldn't believe my first drive after 30 years found the fairway :D and I outdrove him a few times. Short play has gone to hell in a basket though.

I only took the game up originally as I was a buyer back in the 80's and got invited a lot. I even turned down an all-expenses weekend at Gleneagles as I didn't play. That seemed stupid so I bought some clubs and played for a year or two. The trouble is now that it's a battle between my tennis elbow and golfers elbow to see which can make me act my age first.
Gleneagles is a nice course, I've played there a few times.

On the flip side your break dancing is now hilarious.