I don't want to blog

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0
But...So after goinmg through a bunch of people at work I thought that we finally had someone that woudl stay. She actaully wasn't stupid and was trainable and after 3 months was doing a pretty good job. Then Boom. I go to pay my speeding ticket, come back and have an email. She gave 2 weeks notice (for those of you who remember I am lucky to get notice). She says that she will stay for the whole 2 weeks and maybe I'm stupid but I belive her. We were getting to be friends and she says its all about the money and the fact that she doesn't like the president. Which I've heard plenty of times bfewo. So as of May 20th I'll be back on teh 12 hour days and possible saturdays because I will be the only one left again. I had a mini breakdown but I'm better now. Just dreading have to find someone else to hire and then waste more time training and hoping that the person doesn't end up being a complete moron like the girl we fired a few weeks ago. BTW there are supposed to be 3 people on my team. We had 2 and now it is one again. God I don't know if I can keep doing this! Sigh...well thanks for reading my venting

Cliffs:
1) Descent employee gave notice
2) Going to have to work 12 hours a day again
3) No profit

Drool-Boy said:
Why dont YOU find another job?

Because I live in Savannah and there really isn't much. The job she took has been open for months now. Wait till she starts. She will get a huge surprise. I know people at that company looking other jobs cause they hate it. Sucks for her and sucks for me. Cause once she leaves we won't take her back.

thrawn said:
i'm taking two weeks off starting may 20th. hope this makes you feel better
Oh yeah great. BTW I had just put in to have June 10th off yesterday..now there are slim chances that I will be able to do that. :( :mad: :( :mad:
:( :mad:

Mood swings

thrawn said:
what do you do?
I work in international shipping/transportation. Mainly Export. I am a supervisor of customer service right now. Dealing with steamship lines (both container and breakbulk), customers, truckers, assisting in the implementation of a new SAP system with a major paper shipper. All kinds of fun stuff like that.

JJ Lady said:
Oh yeah great. BTW I had just put in to have June 10th off yesterday..now there are slim chances that I will be able to do that. :( :mad: :( :mad:

Mood swings

my boss knows that if i ask for a day off and he says no that i will just not show up.

I'm taking May 19th and 20th off for religious reasons.

edit:
dookuduelanim.gif

JJ Lady said:

Mood swings
That is not acceptable. There isn't ANYTHING else around there???

thrawn said:
my boss knows that if i ask for a day off and he says no that i will just not show up.
Problem is that there is no one else to do my job. Its not like we can just put it on hold until I come back. The business does not lend itself to that.

JJ Lady said:
I work in international shipping/transportation. Mainly Export. I am a supervisor of customer service right now. Dealing with steamship lines (both container and breakbulk), customers, truckers, assisting in the implementation of a new SAP system with a major paper shipper. All kinds of fun stuff like that.

i despise customer service, i oculd never make a career of it. making customers happy just isnt something i am cut out for.

fly said:
That is not acceptable. There isn't ANYTHING else around there???

Not really. I've looked plenty.

Bast said that you guys would show up and kidnap me. That could be interesting. Cross your fingers. Maybe I can still take off. Maybe.

thrawn said:
i despise customer service, i oculd never make a career of it. making customers happy just isnt something i am cut out for.
Let me tell you. I didn't not plan on going to customer service. I was in sales for a steamship line but when we had to move here I had to have something so here I am. The work is not that bad. BUt its very involved and very specialized. Not everyone can do it and since my team (which will consit of me in 2 weeks) works with the shipper that makes up 75% of our revenue it is very important. I don't hate it. I don't love it. Most times I don't lke it, but I know it and I am damn good at my job.

JJ Lady said:
Problem is that there is no one else to do my job. Its not like we can just put it on hold until I come back. The business does not lend itself to that.

then it needs to be made clear that there is a need for a person who can manage for a few days without you, whether that be your boss, your boss's boss or the mechanic from the last boat to dock.