I don't understand men... please help!

thrawn said:
that sounds reasonable to me. it sounds like something i would say. did you tell him that you wanted all the potatos?
why would you save some of the potatoes, and leave out the rest? :confused:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ok, ignoring the fact that this has anything to do with wasting food, because that is clouding this for you :D

Unless there are SPECIFIC instructions to do something, it will not be done the way a woman wants by a man.
Uhm again no, there are anal people both male and female. Even today when my father gives you a job to do, he thinks that his way is the best and only way to do the job.

Last edited:
Nemo said:
I could never date a neat freak. I'm one of the slobbiest and messiest people I've ever known.
I'm a total neat freak, my place is always spotless, it could pass the white glove test on any day. The only thing that's messy is my bedroom, and that's just becasue there's clothes all over the floor.

kristchan said:
why would you save some of the potatoes, and leave out the rest? :confused:

was there a storage container big enough for all of the potatos? was said storage container clean? was said storage container easily obtainable or hidden in some obscure location by the woman so she could complain about something at a later date? if she didnt use all of the potatos for the soup, would the rest of the leftovers be eaten or take up valuable refrigerator space needlessly? did the preggers woman annoy him at some point during the evening? if so, a little subtle annoyance in return may be called for. perhaps it just didnt cross his mind and he thought he did the right thing.

shall i go on?

if she wanted all of the potatos then tell the man, "I WANT ALL OF THE POTATOS SAVED."

Findakáno said:
Uhm again no, there are anal people both male and female. Even today when my father gives you a job to do, he thinks that his way is the best and only way to do the job.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Right, but does he tell you the way to do it?

mr noodul hits the nail on the head

Findakáno said:
To avoid him interfering or getting pissed off and mad. It is better to ask him how he wants it done first before you do said job to make your life easier.

there is a difference between your relationship with a parent and one with a mate, but the principle is the same. a husband shouldnt have to ask how she wants the mashed potatos put away. if she wanted something specific, should've told him. if she didnt tell him precisely how she wanted it done, there is no room for complaints.

CletusJones said:
I'm a total neat freak, my place is always spotless, it could pass the white glove test on any day. The only thing that's messy is my bedroom, and that's just becasue there's clothes all over the floor.

Ew. I'm not comfortable if I can see carpet in my room, and I can't stand being in a clean room either.

Nemo said:
Ew. I'm not comfortable if I can see carpet in my room, and I can't stand being in a clean room either.
EW? Having a place that's clean and doesn't smell > having a place that's dirty and can possibly smell

thrawn said:
was there a storage container big enough for all of the potatos? was said storage container clean? was said storage container easily obtainable or hidden in some obscure location by the woman so she could complain about something at a later date? if she didnt use all of the potatos for the soup, would the rest of the leftovers be eaten or take up valuable refrigerator space needlessly? did the preggers woman annoy him at some point during the evening? if so, a little subtle annoyance in return may be called for. perhaps it just didnt cross his mind and he thought he did the right thing.

shall i go on?

if she wanted all of the potatos then tell the man, "I WANT ALL OF THE POTATOS SAVED."

Every dish in the house (except the ones in the fridge with food) was clean when I left for work, before he made dinner. Also he had gotten out a bigger container (which was next to the potatoes this morning) that would have fit all the potatoes.

HifiGirly said:
Every dish in the house (except the ones in the fridge with food) was clean when I left for work, before he made dinner. Also he had gotten out a bigger container (which was next to the potatoes this morning) that would have fit all the potatoes.

have you pulled the preggers card recently and asked him to run up to the store in the middle of the night for vanilla ice cream, dill pickles and goldfish?

HifiGirly said:
Nope, not once.

have you considered his feelings and needs? the emotional stress of dealing with an expectant mother, how the thought of becoming a father must weigh on him mentally, the poverty stricken children in some third world countries and portions of cleveland that constantly remind him of his onus to provide for his family and of course, his concern over the sexual orientation of your child.