I don't think we've had one of these threads for awhile....

No God but God by Reza Aslan. Really good book on the history of Islam.

Just finished Brave New Girl. Was supposed to be like a girls version of Perks of being a Wallflower... didn't quite succeed.

I'm going to start my 5th re-reed of A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin soon.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Have you read Memoirs yet? It's sooooooo good! I bought the movie when it came out too.

I'd love to compare lists, it seems like I'm always looking for new books to read. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not keeping a list of books I've read over the years. It's something I should almost start now. Or at least the ones I've read since the begining of the year

I read Memoirs a couple years ago. I loved it!

Dharma1521 said:
I am currently reading "Guards! Guards!" by Terry Pratchett. Yes, its a fantasy book. You may start the mocking . .
Nope, awesome book. Did you read 'The Monsterous Regiment' too?

Dharma1521 said:
I am currently reading "Guards! Guards!" by Terry Pratchett. Yes, its a fantasy book. You may start the mocking . .

That was a pretty decent one in the series. I liked Carrot. The best book in the series is Small Gods. It's set in the same universe but pretty much seperate from all the other books. It's a very interesting look at religion but in the wacky style of the series.

My most recent half.com purchase:

Angels & Demons : Dan Brown (Hardcover, 2005)

Where the Heart Is : Billie Letts (Hardcover, 1995)

Curves : Carol Colman, Gary Heavin (Paperback, 2004)

Priestess of Avalon : Diana L. Paxson, Marion Zimmer Bradley (Paperback, 2002)

Jane Eyre : Charlotte Bronte, Michael Mason (Paperback, 2003)

Bridal Bargains : Alan Fields, Denise Fields (Paperback, 2002)

The Fall of Atlantis : Marion Zimmer Bradley (Paperback, 1991)

Ancestors of Avalon : Diana L. Paxson, Diana Paxson, Marion Zimmer Bradley (Hardcover, 2004)

Da Vinci Code : Dan Brown (Hardcover, 2004)

A Wrinkle in Time : Madeleine L'Engle (Paperback, 1994)

I've read the Dan Brown books, I read those and World Without End all the same weekend. World without end is my favorite book, and Marion Zimmer Bradley is my favorite author, I'm working on owning all of her books right now.

I may read Jane Eyre next... not sure.

fly said:
Does it suck when you get really fast at reading and can read an entire book in a day?
I prefer it that way. If I can't finish a book in a day or two I lose interest.

fly said:
Does it suck when you get really fast at reading and can read an entire book in a day?

the only thing that sucks is that it's over. oftentimes if a book is that good, it's a shame when it's over.

Thorn Bird said:
the only thing that sucks is that it's over. oftentimes if a book is that good, it's a shame when it's over.
:lol: no way cuz then I'll just read it again

zengirl said:
:lol: no way cuz then I'll just read it again
You can stand to read books again? I read fast (usually have 4-5 books laying around that I just pick up and read at various times through the day) but entire passages get committed to memory. I cant read the same book twice unless I'm just flipping through to verify something, it's like watching the same TV show twice in a row.

now i don't remember most anything i've read or seen. it's very frustrating, and i can't understand why i'm like that. so i can read a book again and again. the problem is, i have a list of want-to-reads so long, i'd love to be able to remember the book i've just read and move on to something i haven't read. :mad:

FlamingGlory said:
You can stand to read books again? I read fast (usually have 4-5 books laying around that I just pick up and read at various times through the day) but entire passages get committed to memory. I cant read the same book twice unless I'm just flipping through to verify something, it's like watching the same TV show twice in a row.
Anything worth reading is worth reading again.