I don't think we've had one of these threads for awhile....

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
It's been awhile since we've had a "what is everyone reading" thread.

So, what is everyone reading?

I just picked up a copy of: "Female Chauvinist Pigs" by Ariel Levy

Here it is incase you are wondering:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...f=pd_bbs_1/104-0838356-1404745?_encoding=UTF8

I saw the author interviewed and it sounded like it could be an interesting read. I'm only about 20 pages in and it's quite interesting so far.

i'm gonna reread memoirs of a geisha after seeing the movie tonight. it makes me crazy that i can read books, see movies, and never remember any of them. well, except for the thorn birds, of course. :fly: then again, i've read that one over a dozen times. :D *sigh*

fuxx, you and i need to compare lists. i have about a five-page list of "to read" titles. :fly:

In about a week I can read whatever I want. Had to read "Till We Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis for a paper.

I'd love reccomendations

Thorn Bird said:
i'm gonna reread memoirs of a geisha after seeing the movie tonight. it makes me crazy that i can read books, see movies, and never remember any of them. well, except for the thorn birds, of course. :fly: then again, i've read that one over a dozen times. :D *sigh*

fuxx, you and i need to compare lists. i have about a five-page list of "to read" titles. :fly:
I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHERE YOUR SN CAME FROM

my mom looooooooooooooooooooves that movie/series

Thorn Bird said:
has she read the book? the series is crap compared to the book. :heart:
i wouldn't be surprised. She's a voracious reader. Goes through like 10 a week. I just remember watching them when I was younger and being unimpressed, especially as I was like....11 :p

i cracked open "the sentinel," ac clark today. havent read it in a while. i still have a couple computer books and one of the dune series open.

From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury

and Naked Happy Girls by Andrew Einhorn

Hairstyles of the damned by Joe Meno

This boys life, a memoir by Tobias Wolff

Thorn Bird said:

Have you read Memoirs yet? It's sooooooo good! I bought the movie when it came out too.

I'd love to compare lists, it seems like I'm always looking for new books to read. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not keeping a list of books I've read over the years. It's something I should almost start now. Or at least the ones I've read since the begining of the year

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Have you read Memoirs yet? It's sooooooo good! I bought the movie when it came out too.

I'd love to compare lists, it seems like I'm always looking for new books to read. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not keeping a list of books I've read over the years. It's something I should almost start now. Or at least the ones I've read since the begining of the year

that's funny you say that...i've started that same list this year!

School has been out less than a week so I'm still in my "I'm not going to do anything" phase, but in another week I dunno, I'll dig into something. Most likely the davinci code because I've yet to read it.

I'm reading Love Overboard by Janet Evanovich. The newest James Patterson came out yesterday. I think it is called Beach House.

I am currently reading "1776" by David McCullough. His an amazing author no matter what time period he is writing about. I am also reading "Biggest Brother : The Life of Major Dick Winters, The Man Who Led the Band of Brothers" and "Beyond Band of Brothers : The war memoirs of Major Dick Winters"

Arátoeldar said:
I am currently reading "1776" by David McCullough. His an amazing author no matter what time period he is writing about. I am also reading "Biggest Brother : The Life of Major Dick Winters, The Man Who Led the Band of Brothers" and "Beyond Band of Brothers : The war memoirs of Major Dick Winters"

I really loved that series. Was it based off of the books or just of interviews with the remaining live ones? I will add those books to my list.