WTF I don't think this was "priority service"

fragile doesn't make a difference. package handlers don't stop and look for "fragile" labels, and after you've handled a few boxes of bolts labeled "fragile" you quickly learn to disregard those stickers anyways. same with the "this end up" labels, since those are usually just the orientation for un-packaging the item. doesn't matter how it's stored.

really, 90% of the damage comes from the equipment, not people being dicks or careless.

fragile doesn't make a difference. package handlers don't stop and look for "fragile" labels, and after you've handled a few boxes of bolts labeled "fragile" you quickly learn to disregard those stickers anyways. same with the "this end up" labels, since those are usually just the orientation for un-packaging the item. doesn't matter how it's stored.

really, 90% of the damage comes from the equipment, not people being dicks or careless.

Did you read the article?

yea i read it, they shipped it a dozen times, big deal. there are no constants in how a package will be handled though, at every stop it could be different based on 100 different factors. time of the day/night, how backed up the sorting facility is, how backed up the destination for the package in the sorting facility is, the other packages being shipped with it (if your LCD gets thrown in with 30 boxes of bolts... you have issues), along with all the people involved along the way.

i could send 2 packages to you on 2 different days and the first could end up destroyed and the second could end up perfectly fine.

describing the sorting facilities as an "industrial" environment is actually pretty appropriate.

Last edited:
yea i read it, they shipped it a dozen times, big deal. there are no constants in how a package will be handled though, at every stop it could be different based on 100 different factors. time of the day/night, how backed up the sorting facility is, how backed up the destination for the package in the sorting facility is, the other packages being shipped with it (if your LCD gets thrown in with 30 boxes of bolts... you have issues), along with all the people involved along the way.

i could send 2 packages to you on 2 different days and the first could end up destroyed and the second could end up perfectly fine.

describing the sorting facilities as an "industrial" environment is actually pretty appropriate.

There is certainly SOMETHING to marking it fragile.

One disheartening result was that our package received more abuse when marked "Fragile" or "This Side Up." The carriers flipped the package more, and it registered above-average acceleration spikes during trips for which we requested careful treatment.

yea, i saw that. not sure why that would be unless some people do check for fragile packages and top load them, which means they'll get high spikes when they're unloaded.

its really not something anyone pays attention too though.

LOLLLllllllll why is this so funny to me??

eskfjf

DSCF1370.jpg

It's like Currizzz and her friends got a whiff of what was inside and ravaged the contents, then sent on what they didn't want. skjfkds