I can't even begin to find the words for this

Pandora said:
Interesting. I never made a connection between the Jedi and Christianity. Jedi and Buddism yes, but I don't know about Christianity.
Self righteous followers of a determined philosophy killing those who don't follow their ways? hello crusades...

zengirl said:
Self righteous followers of a determined philosophy killing those who don't follow their ways? hello crusades...

Hey they got what was coming to them. Don't poke the bear if you don't want the bear to poke back.

Pandora said:
That's the way of the darkside, the empire n'stuff. The Jedi aren't like that. They are all about balance n' peace n'stuffs.
Well, thats what they say, they say their way is the way of the light and good and all that but it's basicially just another form of control and they use violence in order to to fight for the peace which they seek, although they never do attain it, do they? Just more fighting and war.

zengirl said:
Well, thats what they say, they say their way is the way of the light and good and all that but it's basicially just another form of control and they use violence in order to to fight for the peace which they seek, although they never do attain it, do they? Just more fighting and war.
The key flaw in your arguement is the Jedi didn't pick the fight. The Crusaiders did.

theacoustician said:
The key flaw in your arguement is the Jedi didn't pick the fight. The Crusaiders did.
omg, I'm involved in a Star Wars debate, does this make me a geek or what? :fly:

doooooooooooon't debate star wars. it's too great to go talking it down. puh-lease don't dingy up the magnificence of it!!!

Desslock said:
Doesn't matter. You were arguing about Star Wars like it was real. :p
it's as real as religion.

I've written papers comparing the book of Job in the Bible to the book Slaughterhouse 5. I think my brain is just wired to do a comparative analysis on everything as it relates to Christianity.

Thorn Bird said:
well, he can. it's his movie. do y'all have the originals, btw? i'd love to see them again. mine got stolen.
Until I can buy a copy of the originals unmolested, no I don't own a copy.