I can't decide if this is cool or stupid

Yeah the one article I read about it was based on some pretty sketchy speculation. Also, Im wondering if the zune will be able to interact with the 360 in some way?
If you could buy music from Xbox marketplace and wirelessly transfer it to your Zune, that would be fucking badass. I'm interested because it seems to meet the requirements for an mp3 player which I've been trying to find for a while now :
1. Acts as a universal storage device when plugged in. None of that specialty driver shit for me, thanks.
2. Good sound quailty
3. Long battery life
4. Plays mp3s and aac's/mp4's
5. FM tuner

If you could buy music from Xbox marketplace and wirelessly transfer it to your Zune, that would be fucking badass.

Yeah,that would be pretty sweet.

I'm interested because it seems to meet the requirements for an mp3 player which I've been trying to find for a while now :
1. Acts as a universal storage device when plugged in. None of that specialty driver shit for me, thanks.
2. Good sound quailty
3. Long battery life
4. Plays mp3s and aac's/mp4's
5. FM tuner

Yes, all good qualities. Im still concerned about the DRM issues however. I read that the zune will slather any file on its hdd with DRM. What will this do?
Will I be able to get files back off of it if I need to? What other weird problems will it cause? Ill have to wait and see what people say about it.

Yeah,that would be pretty sweet.

Yes, all good qualities. Im still concerned about the DRM issues however. I read that the zune will slather any file on its hdd with DRM. What will this do?
Will I be able to get files back off of it if I need to? What other weird problems will it cause? Ill have to wait and see what people say about it.
I think the latest update I heard was that the DRM is only added when you're sharing songs between two Zunes with different registered account holders. Basically it ensures that you're only letting friends borrow or demo music rather than giving it away. If that's all, then I'm good to go. If its more restrictive, it might be a no go for me.

Edit : and I'm still trying to figure out wtf their ads mean http://216.182.82.46/video/zune02.wmv

Last edited: