i b0rked my RC car! :( *pics*

S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#3
BigDov said:
OUCH!!! They don't go so well missing teeth do they? :(
hahahah nah its funny, actually. my friend and I were bored one day, went to the KB toys discount outlet, got two $10 RC cars and started souping them up. basically they were 6v cars (4 AA's) which I shoved 8AA's into. the thing was insane (not that fast, but way faster than before) and then stuck a 9V in there as well. to top it off, I removed the springs and replaced the offroad tires with tires made from mousepad (the rubber from those is unbelievably sticky). and after a few burnouts, the teeth disappeared. it was hilarious.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
38
48
close to Seattle
Marklar
0.00₥
#4
shockthemonkey said:
hahahah nah its funny, actually. my friend and I were bored one day, went to the KB toys discount outlet, got two $10 RC cars and started souping them up. basically they were 6v cars (4 AA's) which I shoved 8AA's into. the thing was insane (not that fast, but way faster than before) and then stuck a 9V in there as well. to top it off, I removed the springs and replaced the offroad tires with tires made from mousepad (the rubber from those is unbelievably sticky). and after a few burnouts, the teeth disappeared. it was hilarious.

Hmmm...... abusive, destructive and funny. I'm going to have to try overvolting them sometime :D
 
Oct 15, 2004
16,792
637
113
Marklar
239.55₥
#5
shockthemonkey said:
hahahah nah its funny, actually. my friend and I were bored one day, went to the KB toys discount outlet, got two $10 RC cars and started souping them up. basically they were 6v cars (4 AA's) which I shoved 8AA's into. the thing was insane (not that fast, but way faster than before) and then stuck a 9V in there as well. to top it off, I removed the springs and replaced the offroad tires with tires made from mousepad (the rubber from those is unbelievably sticky). and after a few burnouts, the teeth disappeared. it was hilarious.
i have found my new weekend project.
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#9
BigDov said:
Hmmm...... abusive, destructive and funny. I'm going to have to try overvolting them sometime :D
oh, it's FUN. see what you need to do is go ot radioshack, get a 4 battery holder... and put it in line with the wires going to the electric motor. this eliminates reverse (aka brakes) but is a piss-easy way to make it faster. definitely do the mouse-pad tires thing.... it makes the car completely different.... makes the handling better, too. let me look for other pics of my rc projects...
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
38
48
close to Seattle
Marklar
0.00₥
#12
shockthemonkey said:
oh, it's FUN. see what you need to do is go ot radioshack, get a 4 battery holder... and put it in line with the wires going to the electric motor. this eliminates reverse (aka brakes) but is a piss-easy way to make it faster. definitely do the mouse-pad tires thing.... it makes the car completely different.... makes the handling better, too. let me look for other pics of my rc projects...
Sounds easy enough.

So I've got an old Tyco 9.6v Lamborghini that has dual motors..... what would you prescribe for that?? Bump it up to two battery packs, one for each motor?! :drool:
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#14
BigDov said:
Sounds easy enough.

So I've got an old Tyco 9.6v Lamborghini that has dual motors..... what would you prescribe for that?? Bump it up to two battery packs, one for each motor?! :drool:
batteries out the ASS!

BigDov said:
AWESOME PICS!!!! :lol:
ythxu :) it's so ghetto it hurts
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#16
Mondoz said:
I love the mousepad wheels
honestly they're the best thing you'll find. what you can do is measure them out superglue the ends together... then smear epoxy on the wheels and slide the tires on.... it works great
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
38
48
close to Seattle
Marklar
0.00₥
#17
shockthemonkey said:
batteries out the ASS!


ythxu :) it's so ghetto it hurts

I used to do that shit all the time with my R/C cars...... I had a little 4wd jeep once that I basically turned into a monster- different shocks, an extra motor (1 for each drive shaft :lol: ) and some street tires for it. My dad drove beside it one time and we clocked it in between 35 and 40 mph........ :drool:
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#18
BigDov said:
I used to do that shit all the time with my R/C cars...... I had a little 4wd jeep once that I basically turned into a monster- different shocks, an extra motor (1 for each drive shaft :lol: ) and some street tires for it. My dad drove beside it one time and we clocked it in between 35 and 40 mph........ :drool:
hahahaahah nice :) what happened to it?
 
S

shockthemonkey

Guest
#20
BigDov said:
It met an untimely demise at the hands of my cousin, a rainy day, and a brick wall- pretty much in that order. :mad:
doh that sucks.... but what can you do.... go abuse an innocent RC car this weekend :)