I am so sick of incompetence

wr3kt said:
Because if it keeps rebooting...then that's bad...?
sure, but if you dont' watch it to see what happens, you won't know what it's doing so that you can tell the admin - who gets paid to fix the problems.

CletusJones said:
You're not fixing anything. If you were to sit there and watch it, you would simply be making sure it was functioning properly. If you took the time to view the system log after the fact, why not just watch the thing in the first place?

"You can get a good look at a steak by shoving your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you prefer to just take the word of the butcher?"

CletusJones said:
sure, but if you dont' watch it to see what happens, you won't know what it's doing so that you can tell the admin - who gets paid to fix the problems.

Yea...but if it gets to the startup script screen, which is very vague in what it's starting,...and then reboots...and is an endless cycle...
I'm just saying.

Fat Burger said:
Yes, and the system drive is a RAID 1 array.
The server still rebooted.

What's the point you're trying to make, I'm missing something here.
The point is: You should have stuck around to see what the problem was before talking to the admin. If you would have told him "there's a bad sector on one of the drives in _____ server and it needs someone to fix it because _____." you would have been doing a better job.

You telling him that "____ server rebooted." and then telling the world that it's down accomplishes nothing besides giving you more work, and the admin still hasn't gotten to it. You should have told him that there was a problem that required immediate attention.

Fat Burger said:
Kickass, someone with my last name died, and I can get millions of dollars by pretending to be his next of kin! :D

You're a horrible person and I hope your server randomly shuts down and your IT guy doesn't do shit and you go check up on it repeatedly and inform the IT guy and he still does nothing and then I hope you slip on a jolly rancher that got spit out on a floor from an intern getting it doggy-style by one of your 12 managers.

AND I HOPE YOUR COFFEE TASTES LIKE STALE POTATO CHIPS!

Fat Burger said:
If I sit there and watch, I can't answer the phone and call the executives and managers. Then I get yelled at for not doing my job. How is this hard to understand?
It isn't hard to understand. However, if you had waited to see if there really was a fucking problem you would have known how urgent it was, and you could have better informed the admin. It's called taking the initiative.

wr3kt said:
Yea...but if it gets to the startup script screen, which is very vague in what it's starting,...and then reboots...and is an endless cycle...
I'm just saying.
I know what you're saying. my point is that he didn't stick around long enough to see IF anything like that was happening.

wr3kt said:
"Someone ate your last donut"
cletwaffles.jpg