I am never taking Sudafed PM again.

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
So I've been sick for the last few days.

Two nights ago, I took some Sudafed PM about an hour before going to sleep. As I was falling asleep, I'd have my eyes closed and look at the clock on my bedside table to check them time. Then I'd realize MY EYES WERE CLOSED, open my eyes in surprise... and be looking at the exact same thing I was just seeing. This happened a few times.

Then I finally fell asleep. I have only vague perceptions of what this sleep was like, but... it wasn't normal. My best guess is that was opening my eyes as I was tossing and turning during the night, but not actually waking up.

I awoke that morning not very refreshed, but for some reason, I decided I'd take it again last night.

Unlike the previous night, however, for some reason I had my eyes open as I was going to sleep. Which was fine until I started seeing things *moving* in mid-air about four feet in front of my face. Then I'd move a little, startled, and things would go back to normal.

NEVER AGAIN. :confused:

ill assume it was around 9pm then

problem is using products like this as a novel hypnotic (same as GP's have started using Propranolol, a beta-blocker, as well for the same task) cause it to pass through the blood-brain barrier around 2 hours after administration, usually they cause pretty bad nightmares due to the pressure difference in the region which has been noticed in most patients. I'd recommend taking it around 8pm then heading to bed around 10.30pm.

having said that, a proper hypnotic ala Zopiclone can be taken around 1 hour before sleep will set in - however, this will not remedy your insomnia, and you will feel unrested the next day. personally, i'd recommend tiring yourself out and maybe using a basic tranquilizer such as Diazapam 2mg if you're still having difficulty after that.

non-hiatus polo is helpful.

ill assume it was around 9pm then

problem is using products like this as a novel hypnotic (same as GP's have started using Propranolol, a beta-blocker, as well for the same task) cause it to pass through the blood-brain barrier around 2 hours after administration, usually they cause pretty bad nightmares due to the pressure difference in the region which has been noticed in most patients. I'd recommend taking it around 8pm then heading to bed around 10.30pm.

having said that, a proper hypnotic ala Zopiclone can be taken around 1 hour before sleep will set in - however, this will not remedy your insomnia, and you will feel unrested the next day. personally, i'd recommend tiring yourself out and maybe using a basic tranquilizer such as Diazapam 2mg if you're still having difficulty after that.

non-hiatus polo is helpful.

Polo! Value Add!

Ugh, I cannot take any cold pills. They ALL make me feel like I'm dancing on big, fat clouds, with a touch of anger.

Well if you slept in my bed, you wouldn't have these issues.

Well, you wouldn't have slept much, either ;)

Anti-histamines kick the crap out of me. I cannot take them at all.

Psuedoephedrine, however, was given to us by god so that we could mix it with naproxen and fix my nausea inducing headaches