Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
after reading this, ugh!

http://www2.cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_082152759.html

A woman who ordered chili at a San Jose Wendy's Restaurant found a cooked human finger in her bowl.

The Wendy's on Monterey Highway was still open Thursday while the Santa Clara County Health Department investigated. But officials there said it was definitely a human finger -- complete with a long manicured fingernail -- and it probably did not come from a Bay Area Wendy's employee.

"We have no evidence of any accident within the employees at the facility itself," said Ben Gale of the Santa Clara County Health Department. "We've asked everybody to show us they have ten fingers and everything is OK there."

The incident came to light about 7:20pm Wednesday, when the woman called 911.

"Initially she did put this object in her mouth and did bite down on it," said Dr. Marty Fensterscheib of the Santa Clara County Health Department. "Initially, she was a bit grossed out ... and vomited a number of times."

The fingerprint is mutilated, but officials believe there might be enough there to run the print through a national computer to try to find the owner. The finger has jagged edges, which means it was likely lacerated by a machine -- possibly a meat grinder.

The health department says Wednesday's batch of chili was likely cooked at a hot enough temperature to kill any diseases, so nobody should get sick from eating there. Health officials are trying to trace where the ingredients came from, but they've decided it's OK for the store to remain open in the meantime.

"We are as anxious as anyone else to get to the bottom of this," said Wendy's spokesperson Bob Bertini.

omfg barf barf barf

"Initially she did put this object in her mouth and did bite down on it," said Dr. Marty Fensterscheib of the Santa Clara County Health Department. "Initially, she was a bit grossed out ... and vomited a number of times."

Yeah I woulda puked too.
Wendys chili is nasty.

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah I woulda puked too.
Wendys chili is nasty.
their nuggets were pretty tasty.

the worst thing close to this i've seen is when a friend found a bandaid in a breadstick at a pizza joint. or that time where we all found out that we had to be innoculated with Hepatitis A gammoglobulin because some guy didn't wash his hands after he peed, and then touched salad and ice there too (same pizza joint)

F33nX said:
or that time where we all found out that we had to be innoculated with Hepatitis A gammoglobulin because some guy didn't wash his hands after he peed, and then touched salad and ice there too (same pizza joint)

this happens daily in every restaurant in the country....you were innoculated over that?

why_ask_why said:
this happens daily in every restaurant in the country....you were innoculated over that?
the guy came out and said he had hep. A, and health officials were worried that patrons would contract it due to his negligence.

F33nX said:
the guy came out and said he had hep. A, and health officials were worried that patrons would contract it due to his negligence.

that makes a little more sense

I read that and it's so gross. I don't eat fast food. Except Subway... and Taco Bell. And McDonald's fries. But that's it. And pizza, but I don't think that counts.

smileynev said:
We use to drop the hot dogs on the floor and just put them back on the grill thingie. Not to mention rock salt in the soda machine etc.

I'd never eat prepared food from questionable establishments.

FlamingGlory said:
We use to drop the hot dogs on the floor and just put them back on the grill thingie. Not to mention rock salt in the soda machine etc.

I'd never eat prepared food from questionable establishments.

:lol:

When I was in high school, I worked preparing pizzas at a decent restaurant. The tricks there ranged from spitting under the toppings, putting dead flies in the sausage, jalapeno juice on random pizzas to AAAALL kinds of things. Pretty nasty.

Ughh... Remind me never to eat at Wendys or a pizz/gas station establishment ever again:eek: