Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,761
Steam
heyfubuddy
Yeah, so the guy that I was working with on my site for the Bub comic has not worked out. I havent heard from the guy in 3 weeks, then when I email him for an update, I get a response of "no change":rolleyes:

So anyways, what I need is someone that can help me put together a webcomic site. I have all the graphics I want to use done already, I think. I need someone to put the stuff together for me, so I can do news updates and such, and a database that I can upload the comic to and the navigation system for the comic, and basically make the thing idiot proof so I cant break it too easily, cuz Ima :tard:

If you are seriously interested in helping, shoot me a pm, but only if youre serious in doing the work. I dont have the time or patience for half asses that only "kinda" know what theyre doing.

I can afford a little bit of cash as far as payment goes, that can be negotiated, but you will recieve full credit for your work on the site, plus linkage.

Someone plz help a brotha out?

fly said:
Might want to mention that the site is done in Flash now, or will it be totally redone?

Nah, Im not gonna use the flash stuff.
The graphics will be the same tho, just not animated in flash. I dont want to use any of the other guys work , just in case.

Drool-Boy said:
Nah, Im not gonna use the flash stuff.
The graphics will be the same tho, just not animated in flash. I dont want to use any of the other guys work , just in case.
I'd think that using flash would make it harder to update. :dunno:

fly said:
I'd think that using flash would make it harder to update. :dunno:

Dunno, I saw another webcomic site done in flash and they update daily or so. But like I said, I dont want to use the otherguys work if hes no longer involved.

I did a web-comic thing for a while, but I did the entire page in html by hand. Updating the links and stuff everytime I made a new comic got very annoying.

You might want to take a look at CUSP, its used by Brian Clevinger on NuklearPower/8bit Theatre.
http://cusp.sourceforge.net/

BozuSugoi said:
I did a web-comic thing for a while, but I did the entire page in html by hand. Updating the links and stuff everytime I made a new comic got very annoying.

You might want to take a look at CUSP, its used by Brian Clevinger on NuklearPower/8bit Theatre.
http://cusp.sourceforge.net/

That actually looks pretty cool.
Id still have to have someone set it up for me tho.

Drool-Boy said:
That actually looks pretty cool.
Id still have to have someone set it up for me tho.

Do you have your own servers, or are you paying for hosting somewhere?

Depends on the hosting place, but that might make it tougher to use the CUSP thing. They'd have to support MySQL, PHP, etc... I'm sure you can find places like that, but you'd just have to do your research I guess.

The only hosting places I've used has been the the space I got on my schools servers in college and my boxes.

You could also try looking into Keenspot/space, but I'm not sure what their deal is.

From http://keenspot.com :
...oh, and we have a free comic hosting service. Did we mention that?
Keenspace is an extension of Keenspot.com, where we hope to provide convenient and reliable web access for online comics much like we do for the members of Keenspot.com. It has been around since June 2000 and now provides hosting for thousands of comic artists around the world.
Keenspace artists get web accounts with unlimited webspace and bandwidth, plus access to the "Autokeen" scripts, which are utilities that can handle the updating and archiving of your comics automatically, similar to ones used by Keenspot artists. Keenspace also includes optional benefits, such as providing forums for the artists, as well as newsboxes and banner programs to help cross-promote.
How much does it all cost? Exactly zero dollars and zero cents. ...But you do have to put an ad banner at the tops of your pages. That's it.

If you are a webcomic artist, we would love to host your site for you, so head over to Keenspace and learn more about it!