FYI I am coming round to the idea of avatars, but only if....

Everytime I bring up that it may be down to cultural differences many Americans (not just on here but elsewhere) accuse me of making excuses. Funny how on American forums I tend to be quite hated whereas I'm perfectly fine and dandy on UK-based ones. :)

It's that world renowned American arrogance. They are always right, and the others are always wrong. You get delt this, I get delt this. You an me are not from the same country. Odds are, they are arrogant.

It's just like the French.

It's that world renowned American arrogance. They are always right, and the others are always wrong. You get delt this, I get delt this. You an me are not from the same country. Odds are, they are arrogant.

It's just like the French.

Aye. I have to say I don't really notice any cultural differences between myself and you that make it hard to understand you, DJB has commented the same thing. I think perhaps living under similar social regimes we 'get it' as opposed to people who have spent their life living in the US which is very different and confusing to most people who have spent their life in Europe etc.

I disagree, I "get" neameaux, but Porky there comes off as a d-bag 90% of the time.

:lol: Probably only because I keep my mouth shut on 99% of political discussions. :)

I see talking politics with US citizens to be a pointless and boring exercise. I think we both know that while we 'get' each other me and you are at opposite ends of the social views spectrum a lot of the time.

Aye. I have to say I don't really notice any cultural differences between myself and you that make it hard to understand you, DJB has commented the same thing. I think perhaps living under similar social regimes we 'get it' as opposed to people who have spent their life living in the US which is very different and confusing to most people who have spent their life in Europe etc.

I know 10 times as many English & Scottish people than I know Americans. More than likely why I can communicate with them better.

:lol: Probably only because I keep my mouth shut on 99% of political discussions. :)

I see talking politics with US citizens to be a pointless and boring exercise. I think we both know that while we 'get' each other me and you are at opposite ends of the social views spectrum a lot of the time.
As you should :D same as why I won't bother to chastise you for whatever your government is doing, I simply don't care :nev:

hey, I got Damon covered:

obbKu.gif

I just read this entire thread so I could add my input. So, going back to the April presents, I've got you all beat, April sends me sex toys.