i <3 snow

I forsee another snowless year in Belfast.

For shame..

Here's 350 days of Belfast weather in one photo

SP_A0321.jpg

The remainder of the days there is a small chance you might get spat on by the sun once every few hours.

:drool: 350 quid round trip after tax in May. So close yet oh so far :(

ya know??!!!

i went to school in greensboro NC and it would be gray and drizzly for days, sometimes weeks, on end. depressing.

Cleveland has cloud cover like a frosted glass window, completely opaque from middle of November to beginning of March. I work inside a hill in our server room without windows. Woe is me :(

Our Swedish department has the whole northern thing so in the winter they don't see sun but once a day for less than an hour. They are allowed to take off anytime they want for "stress relief", no questions asked. They also have August off on top of their 6 weeks vacation so as to prepare them for cabin fever that upcoming winter. I see as much sun as they do in the winter and I have to work overtime involuntarily to do the work they aren't doing because they are out for "stress leave". :mad:

</rant>

:drool: 350 quid round trip after tax in May. So close yet oh so far :(

Oh my old red, are we going to be traversing the Atlantic this summer?

If so, I have serious serious exams in May, but I will make an exception for your kind soul and we'll drink till we get arrested.

Here are some pics I took last week before the somewhat big snowstorm we had on Sunday. Just imagine another foot of snow ontop of what's in these pics.

some crow or raven feet print next to my boot print.

Railroad tracks behind my house. Someone cross-country skiis down them every day I guess. I think the person also has a dog.

the lake, frozen over, with snow on top. I think it froze over a couple weeks back. It's probably safe to walk on now, but I'll let someone else fall through :fly: In another month It will be safe enough to drive a vehicle on. No joke.

a small pond next to the railroad tracks, that a beaver(s) made. Their lodge is to the left in the photo on the backside of the lake.

A better picture of the beaver pond. Some feet prints in the snow from probably a dog or cat or fox or coyote or something else. Beaver lodge is in the close left of the photo, covered in snow.

Nah, it's counteracted by being able to drink at 18.

legal age isn't necessarily indicative of what age people start at...I've been drinking since like 12-13 :lol: I was in HS at 13 though

that said, the weather over there would still depress the fuck out of me

legal age isn't necessarily indicative of what age people start at...I've been drinking since like 12-13 :lol: I was in HS at 13 though

that said, the weather over there would still depress the fuck out of me

It's not indicative, no. But I'd rather get lashed in an establishment rather than under a bridge, or in someone gaff on a bottle of tonic wine.

I used to hate the weather, but I've grown used to it now. It might be dark early, but it's fine otherwise. Mornings are bright and brisk, gives you the impression that what you're doing is important.

Oh my old red, are we going to be traversing the Atlantic this summer?

If so, I have serious serious exams in May, but I will make an exception for your kind soul and we'll drink till we get arrested.

Nah, nothing planned :( May and April seem to be cheap months to go overseas for me. Of course the latest exchange rate is painful for me right now :(

I really need to get back home (Edinburgh) soon :( Belfast is a 60 quid hop over. :heart:

It's not indicative, no. But I'd rather get lashed in an establishment rather than under a bridge, or in someone gaff on a bottle of tonic wine.

I used to hate the weather, but I've grown used to it now. It might be dark early, but it's fine otherwise. Mornings are bright and brisk, gives you the impression that what you're doing is important.

when I was in boarding school in newport, RI, we used to go to this scuzzy dive that was a sailors bar...the bartender was this old lady who had to be a retired hooker and the first time we went in there looking obviously way under age and without even having IDs, all she said to us was,"if the heat comes in, hit the deck". :lol: god bless that old lady :cool:

On the rare occasions when we get overcast, drizzly days in Texas it always makes me happy because it reminds me of Nova Scotia. Always makes the air so fresh too.