hyphenated last names

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
would it piss you off if your woman wanted to hyphenate her last name when you got married or would you be indifferent?

would any of the women ever consider or have any of you done it?

I think it's stupid.

If she wants to keep her own name as it is, fine keep it. Hyphenating is just lame.

If your last name is Hoogenstuffendortenshtiff you should just take your husband's name.

Unless your husband's last name is even more ridiculous like Lorgentoogieforkenboomersnart.

But if your hyphenated name is awesome, how can you not do it?

Like Mike-Hunt

Crab-Sniffer

etc.

Last edited:
What's really gonna suck is when kids with hyphenated last names marry, hypenate their last names and then have kids. There'll be people with last names like Hoogenstuffendortenshtiff-Lorgentoogieforkenboomersnart-Fluggendorkenschtein-Doe.

I'm not traditional, but agree that hyphenating is just silly. Keep your own or take his, make up your mind.

no way in hell am i keeping or hyphenating my last name when i tie the knot. i fall into snoogit's "higglesjdfkadfhjakshdgfjka" last name category. what i'll end up doing is keeping my surname as a middle name, so it's still there (because we're a dying breed), but not use it in public.

I wouldn't change my name just because I married someone, so I'm not sure why women do that. Either change it or don't, though. I agree that hyphens are gay.

My son has a hyphenated last name but it's for a different reason. His mom and I aren't married so it avoids complications with stupid people.

If your last name is Hoogenstuffendortenshtiff you should just take your husband's name.

Unless your husband's last name is even more ridiculous like Lorgentoogieforkenboomersnart.

But if your hyphenated name is awesome, how can you not do it?

Like Mike-Hunt

Crab-Sniffer

etc.

beatrice Hoogenstuffendortenshtiff-Lorgentoogieforkenboomersnart